First Flight Carenado Cessna 172N - Derby to Broome

John York

First of all, I would like to say that Carenado could have made this 'plane easier to install.  The installer had no idea at all of where to put it and actually created a new 'Sim Objects' folder on my 'F' disc in Programs (86x)!  I ended up physically cutting and pasting it to the same disc but in 'F/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Games/FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes' where all my other ones are.  You would have though the installer could have found it wouldn't you?

Having had that experience I was a bit suspicious about flying it but I must say it was wonderful.  Very steady, nowhere near as skittish as the default. Trimming (no autopilot, although there's a button that doesn't work!) was easy.

I flew in very sultry humid weather with wind at 4kts, light clouds ?hm, temp 78F, DP 76F and barometric pressure of 2959. 

Here are a few pics - at last I hear you say;

Pre-flight checks

Posted Image

Not recommended but flying with the door open does let a little air in! ???;D

Posted Image

Just to show the instrument display.  The white panel was a bit of a surprise but I must say it shows off the instruments very well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice place this.  Probably a bit of a holiday resort?

Posted Image

I like this Cessna and will use it in preferance to the default now.  I didn't see any noticeable difference to frame rates and its easy - I'm all for that.

Having said that, I could only do relatively short flights in it anyway - maximum 100 miles.  Anything longer would take too long for me and I need something faster.  An hour is about as much as my attention will stretch to these days - then boredom sets in!

Hope you found something of interest here.

Oh, and what I would like to know is why it was necessary to resize the pictures when I sized them all myself to a width of 1000 (10" to us old'ns)?  It messes up the little comments which I suppose will have to go underneath the pictures from now on.

John

Faultless ImageShack, thank you.

Nice screenies John, I must pick up the 172 myself.  It the only Carenado Cessna that I don't have.

Re: your screenies, it appears that the size of the screenie that you uploaded to your hosting service was 3000 pixels wide and as such JayKae's system just dynamically resizes them so that they fit into the screen view of the individual viewer.  I still get to see your comments between each screenie.

Cheers and thanks for posting those,

::)Oh, Goord - It's all my fault Maxter!  I completely forgot I had been doing some images for printing and had set the cropping tool to 10" wide with a 300 ppi resolution.  Of course, for email or the web I should have used 100 ppi which would have given me a pixel width of 1000.

What really surprises me is that ImageShack actually hosted them as they have a limit on size and usually chuck out stuff that's too big.

I take it all back and apologise to JayKae if I've been unduly critical of his resizing tool. ;D

John

Archived