NZQN traffic - any news on a patch?

Mallard

I tried bumping my old double-islander thread - but got no reaction...

More than half a year ago there was talk of a patch for Queenstown itself and the traffic going to and from there.

I flew into it yesterday and had all gates occupied by Cessna 172s and the dreaded double-islander... And is there any chance that the colouring of the mountainside to the southeast (the one above where the Shotover River flows into the Kavarau River) can be made to match the surrounding NZ SI textures a bit better?

Cheers

Mallard

Mallard, mate,

I've seen your claim here and do not know what to say, 'cause here, on my end, all is well with NZQN. Today I made new incursions in the surroundings: exploring autumn - all very beautiful.

It's a shame you do not enjoy such a beautiful add-on! One of the best!

Cheers, :(

PS: BUMP here, any help to Mallard?

It's a shame you do not enjoy such a beautiful add-on! One of the best!

Oh, I'm enjoying Queenstown! The airport itself is great! It's just that flippin' Islander and the Cessnas blocking the parking positions as well as the really quite mismatched colours of the surrounding hillsides that irritate me a bit. And that the issue was noted with the promise of a patch (at least for the AI parking) half a year ago and nothing has happened since then...

Cheers

Mallard

Forgive me, Mallard. I know you are an admirer of all that is good ... It was my fault: I should have said - it is a shame in the sense that it was just happening to you, who else discloses the beautiful of Orbx sceneries! :mellow:

Cheers, :)

There is no patch required for Queenstown as all is fine there if you have the correct version of the FTX AU AI Traffic package. if you have misplaced Cessnas and Islanders then you must have a pre Queenstown version of the traffic pack installed.

Update to the latest V4.10 version and you should be fine.

Hi Graham - that's strange. I always make sure to get hold of the latest versions of whatever is put up on the site...

But just to be on the safe side I'll try a re-install of the latest AI version.

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks for the tip, Graham. I reinstalled the traffic pack and cycled through a number of different dates and times. The double-islander is gone, and I now have Airbusses instead of Cessnas on the large parking spots.

Going through what I might have done in the last half a year or so (the date stamp of the downloaded file was from when you made it available in the release announcements) I remembered that in the mean time I had got myself another traffic program for the rest of the world. And I also remember that I had a hard time telling that program not to meddle with Australia... Seems I forgot to teach it about New Zealand as well.

Thanks again

Mallard

Archived