orbx library 140405 has deleted my oz scenery areas

allandv1

That's odd the control panels and manuals have disappeared. However, it's unlikely the airports themselves have disappeared. You can find all of the airport manuals in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User_Documents. If they're missing from that directory then something bigger may have happened. The airports themselves reside in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU and from there have individual folders. If you could confirm these that should give us somewhere to start.

Regards,

Alex

Thanks Alex.

It appears that the airport folders/files are missing from those appropriate directories. I was having issues with my FTX Central shortcut 'losing' it's path to the application and I read on the forum that a possible fix would be to install the latest library update which I did. This did restore FTX Central but it also caused all my aussie airports to be deleted. FTX_AU appears to be untouched as the Oceania option was still available in the 'new' FTX Central.  I've since reinstalled 2 airports and now they've reappeared in FTX Central and in my X\ORBX\FTX_AU folder. Very strange. Looks like I need to reinstall the rest. I don't think I'll be touching the Library updates in future though.

regards

Allan

The libraries contain core applications that manage all of the install products, for example FTX Central and all it's components. They also contain libraries of models used around airports and regions.

Also, your listed order number doesn't register in the database, could you double-check it and ensure no typos have been made? Order numbers are required for support, we just need one to pull up all of your previous purchases.

Regards,

Alex

Alex

My purchases (all from the Flightsim Store) include Orbx-FTX Australia SP3 DVD: Invoice No. FSS0051215 on 15-02-2010 and Orbx-FTX AU YPJT (downloaded) Order No.FSS0050759 on 10-02-2010, Rego Key Deleted. My email address has changed since then.

regards

Allan

Hi Allen,

No worries, your initial order number wasn't working but the second one pulled everything up. Thanks for providing the order number, and for the future, libraries should always be safe to install. This is the first time I've seen airports deleted... Perhaps make a backup of your Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_AU folder before installing the next library update. If those delete the airports post back here and we'll see if we can track down the problem

Ed, I only wish I knew what you are referring to. Anyway I've reinstalled all my sceneries and all's well.

Alex - do I need to run the libraries install AFTER any new sceneries? I'm a little confused about this.

regards

Allan

Archived