Downloading Products

Kiwiviator

I purchased NA CRM last week and I got Flashget download manager to help with downloading this rather large file. At about 95% of download the % downloaded started to go backwards. I paused and restarted the download a couple of times to no avail. In the end I let it go all night. It had still not downloaded by morning, and to my horror I had used up over 30gbs in this attempt.

I have got rid of this download manager and installed GetGo. How do I know that I won't get this problem occurring again? I have used up my internet allowance for the month so I have to wait another 5 days before I try again.

Hi Capt. Paul,

sorry to hear about the download issue. I must admit I've never heard of or experienced a download % counter reverting like that so I'm not sure what could have been the cause. These days I'm using DownThemAll but I've used Flashget successfully as well. I see that you own several other Orbx products with large file sizes; did you use Flashget to download those?

Generally, the best approach to restart a failed download attempt is to make sure that all traces of the previous attempt(s) are gone from your PC, which usually includes cleaning the browser cache as well as that of the download app.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

I used Flashget to download FTX Global and Vector which worked well. I will try again shortly and let you know how I get on. I didn't clean my browser cache however between attempts so that may not have helped.

Archived