PNW Demo - water cutting through terrain

Perk

I just reinstalled FSX clean (after flying X-Plane for several years) to try out your demos.  I've installed the Olympic Peninsula Demo, as well as Tasmania, the Iceland Global demo, and a couple of the free airports (KHQM and 2S1).  Only other addon so far is Ultimate Traffic 2.

DX10 is enabled, and I added the highmem fix to the fsx.cfg.  Water slider is set all the way up in game.

I've noticed in many places around the Olympic Peninsula, that water textures are seemingly occluding the ground textures in places where there shouldn't be water.  They're also flickering in and out of existence as the view changes.  Anyone have any ideas?  What's the opinion on P3D fixing this kind of last decade Microsoft crap?  I mean, I love how amazing Orbx and REX can make FSX look in videos, but in practice it seems like an awful lot of work to get things running, especially when X-Plane's sitting there fast, stable, 64bit, and with better autogen, roads, and base textures...

Example around KUIL:

uefOdy6.jpg

I also seem to have found a hole in the displaced threshold for runway 22 at KUIL.  Interestingly enough, the sim calls this a SPLASH, not a CRASH, so it may have something to do with the water textures.

kqmJFkp.jpg

Archived