SAK mesh, is it my imagination?

rockliffe

I've been unable to find out what resolution mesh is used for the SAK region. I am curious, as I have often felt that the terrain is far less detailed than some of the mountains around PFJ and PNW. Am I correct or am I imagining things? cheers...

Hi Howard,

Just reading the Southern Alaska  product page at Fullterrain.com, it says (20m Holger Mesh for high terrain detail) Just above the screen shot gallery, RHS on that page.

Thanks Jeff, I'd missed that. However, it may have been PNW I was comparing it to. PNW I see is 10m. Thanks for the info...

Hi Howard,

So it would be a little softer at 20m in SAK, so your imagination is still intact,  lol :D

Here's a little comparison across the Orbx mountain range so to speak, 

PNW is 10m 

NRM is a mix of 10m & 20m

PFJ is 20m

CRM is10m

NZSI is 10m

NZNI is 10m

Jeff is correct SAK is 20m which is a lower resolution than PNW. It's also a mix of several mesh sources since data for Alaska is not as readily available as the continental US. So some areas may be better quality mesh than others.

Jeff is correct SAK is 20m which is a lower resolution than PNW. It's also a mix of several mesh sources since data for Alaska is not as readily available as the continental US. So some areas may be better quality mesh than others.

Hmm, that makes sense Alex. A shame really. I have been scouring the net trying to find some higher res mesh, but 19m seems to be all that's available. No sweat though...

Archived