Questions and Problems

noels7

Hi

I was not sure which section to post my topic as it covers several problems I am experiencing.
I also apologise for the length of this post and Mods please feel free to shift to more appropriate forum if necessary.

1. Object Flow updater

Recently I asked the following question in an ongoing topic started by Airwolf and being responded

by Ed Correia.

In retrospect I should have started a new topic as my question was not answered and I mean no disrespect to Ed.

"Hi Ed

I didn't see or got notification of the update.
Downloaded Object Flow Updater exe and got the following:

Requesting the current version from server...
Current version: 1.0.8.5
All ObjectFlow modules are up to date. No update needed.

That seems to be ok as everyone mentions version 1.0.8.4 above.
Is 1.0.8.5 the correct version ?

I have not been able to find the forementioned .dll file on my computer, any hints?

noels7"

I run P3D V2.2 with FTX Global, Vector and FS Global 2010 FTX and have installed free YLIL, YPLC,YMLT

until my FTX purchased airports become P3D V2 compatible.

Should the people at those airports be moving as I thought that Object Flow achieves that?

2. Problems at YMML

I am sure that this has occured since (and cannot see how that it is responsible) installing FTX Global lights configurator.

P3D V2.2 was in situ prior to thes anomalies and I use YMML quite often and didn't notice them before.

I have attached the following to demonstrate the problem :

Note loss of Taxiway

FSpXD.jpg

Note loss of Taxiways further down runway and pink lights either side of runway

lAm4S.jpg

Note elevation problem after disabling YMML using FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.

Seems to be the opposite result that I obtained at KSEA.

FvXQg.jpg

3. Scenery config

I have iincluded Scenery library files to ascertain if something is amiss to have caused problems as mentioned above.

UKuAk.jpg

lPgtw.jpg

iIZ7Y.jpg

SVg0.jpg

I would appreciate any advice or assistance as prior to this post I had searched the fora

without precise solutions to the problems described.

noels7

Hi noels7,

The most likely reason that you didn't get a update message is because none of the addons I see listed above use ObjectFlow. So you are OK in that respect.

ObjectFlow relates to how we get certain scenery elements to change with seasons, time of day, wind speed etc. and is not used at the freeware airports you have listed.

As to the issue with YMML, I see that you have MyTraffic installed and that usually installs an AFCAD airport file. My hunch is that the AFCAD file that is installed for YMML is not compatible with P3Dv2 (the missing taxiways is a give away). I'd suggest doing a search for YMML in your P3Dv2 folder and see what you come up with. I would then temporarily de-activate it by renaming the extension to .OFF or something similar. That might resolve the elevation issue as well.

Hi Ed

Many thanks for your response.Bet it took a shorter time than my post to formulate.

1. Object Flow updater

OK  I understand except where is version 1.0.8.5 stored.

"Requesting the current version from server...
Current version: 1.0.8.5
All ObjectFlow modules are up to date. No update needed".

2. Problems at YMML

I do indeed have My Traffic installed and has been since P3D v2 was installed. Updates to P3D (V2.1 and V2.2) did not

as I stated cause the problems I am now experiencing. I use YMML regularly.

I also have installed Afcads (YMML,YPPH,YSSY,YPAD) produced by Ray Smith.These were installed from day1 of P3D V2.

For some reason none of the other Afcads produce any problems.in conjunction with same named items in My Traffic.

Taking your advice I renamed  YMML in My Traffic to disable it. Check reveals YMML is still experiencing the problems.

Next deleted YMML afcad from P3D V2.2. The problem has been corrected.

Why the problems only happen at YMML is a question for someone (not you and me hopefully).

3. Scenery config

I assume that my Scenery config is OK as you haven't commented on it.?

Finally, I truely appreciate the advice and assistance and the quick reponse you have provided.

Regards

noels7

I am not 100% certain as to how the ObjectFlow updater works, but I assume it searches for the dll.xml file located in the AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 to get the dll locations and then from there goes to the various ObjectFlow dll files to check version numbers.

The actual dll file resides in the airport's scenery folder (doing a search for ObjectFlow will reveal them), but you shouldn't find anything.

As to why its says "All ObjectFlow modules are up to date. No update needed" all I can think that the absence of any dll might produce this response.

Glad to hear that YMML is sorted and your scenery config entries are spot on.

Hope that answers all your queries.

Cheers

Archived