Why do i spawn in airport buildings...?

Ru55

Hi, i have many ORBX products Global, Vectors, England, PNW and pretty much all the UK airports

BUT when i choose a gate, parking ramp etc, spawn and alot of the time the ORBX add-on has a building there so i spawn inside it...is they anyway of telling FSX the add-on detail?

many thanks in advance 

Parking spots are defined for all add on airports... Including all the FTX airports (both payware and those upgraded with the region). So FSX already knows where your aircraft should be on startup. Those positions (as well as taxiway, runways and all other layout information) are part of a file called an "AFCAD" file.

Usually, when the aircraft is starting at a different location than expected, it's a conflict between the included AFCAD file and a second AFCAD that exists for the same airport... These can be installed often with other add-on packages like AI traffic packages.

Do you have any traffic expansions installed (mytraffic, ultimate traffic, trafficx etc)? If so, either disable the AFCAD installed by the traffic package for that airport by changing the .BGL to. OFF, or make sure the traffic package entry in your scenery library is below the FTX region and airports.

Hi I don't have a traffic package - yet, today im getting UT2 so once installed i will check the library list 

Today i have also installed Orbx Vectors, and the first airport i went too was totally messed up, i will have to start another thread i guess :/

thanks Rob

Archived