Stutters seem to be gone

tim737murphy

I recently upgraded my NVidia drivers to the 335.23 version after installing Vector recently and noticed the stutters were gone on FTX while flying a flight from KLAS to KOAK yesterday in PMDG 737. The only other thing I also did was deactivate a lot of UTX features after installing Vector.  My sim had these awful hesitations to the point where I was considering a total and dreaded reinstall. Not sure if it was the new drivers. I was getting the stutters even after deactivating UTX after the VECTOR install when comparing some of the landclass features between the two. That was also before upgrading the drivers. Hope it stays this way.

It's unlikely.  The NVidia driver updates rarely code for improvements to older games such as FSX.  So it might be a coincidence, more likely to be system related.  Many things can cause stutters, background programs running, how many programs are residing in RAM when you boot up FSX, etc.

The list of code changes in the 335.23 drivers is:

New in GeForce 335.23 WHQL drivers

This 335.23 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience for Titanfall.

• Performance
    • Enhanced GPU clock offset options for GeForce GTX 750Ti / GTX 750

• SLI Technology
    • Diablo III – updated DX9 profile
    • Bound by Flame – updated profile
    • DOTA 2 – updated profile
    • Need for Speed Rivals – updated DX11 profile
    • Watch Dogs – updated profile

Archived