Got Huey?

Nick

Hello all

i have just finished reading Robert Masons "ChickenHawk" and have developed a keen interest in the UH-1 Iroquios.

Does anyone know of a good model. I have had a look around and cant find anything thats very up to date.

Cheers Guys

Nick

I read that book too... the majority of the time though he was in a hughes 500. Still it was the one of the most interesting and action packed books I've read.

My limited knowledge of eggbeaters, I think your first port of call would be Hovercontrol, when you find one I'd be interested too.  ;D

its an awesome book Nick, I have read it twice now and it still captivates me.  Dunno 'bout you, but you almost feel like you are there in the Huey with him as he tells his story.  Loved the bit when he shot the instrument on the panel and when he was flying over the dunes - enjoying the endless toilet paper parade and the stench of human excreta.

A book highly recommended for those who haven't read it.

An excellent book Meryl - Snake Driver! Cobras In Vietnam by Bob Rosenburgh

Bob Rosenburgh, a Vietnam veteran and experienced military journalist, has done an excellent job in profiling the lives and experiences of Cobra pilots and their crews in Vietnam. Detailing the work of these otherwise forgotten heroes as they learned the intricacies of this all-new weapon-system borne of the battles in Vietnam, Rosenburgh focuses his writing as much as on the men who flew this war-machine as on the aircraft's awesome and previously never witnessed capabilities. The interviews that brought forward this difficult chapter of American military history are an eye-account of America's least understood war.

haha, alright aussiecop, ill hang out for a bit longer for the aerosoft one.

the classic line from Chickenhawk is

"Do you have proper toilets?"

"No, we piss in an empty bomb casing, when it gets full we burn it with jet fuel, Smells Bad.'

ill certainly be looking up the other books as well gentleman, i wish there was a reasonable quality freeware model. that could be your next project ryan hahaha. jokes mate ;D

regards

Nick

I've about 98% of the way through chicken hawk...I'm at the 'Grounded' para now. Definitely enjoyed it.

I read a book a year or two ago...can't remember the name though, about one of the most decorated UH1 pilots in Vietnam - his a/c never got a scratch! awesome book...but the name escapes me :(

I also just finished reading Wallaby Airlines about an RAAF Caribou pilot in vietnam...small book, and he pretty much spent most of his time flying the 'bou. you can get it from the library.

Archived