Cannot locate user documents

tamadeez

Hi

Win7 64bit

I can successfully unwrap the package through the FSS APP. So as it installs it asks for disk 2. I browse and select file 2 and it proceeds with the installation. Near the end of the installation a message pops up saying Cannot locate user documents.

FTX North Island - FSS0279751

Hi

So I downloaded the whole thing again. I then, using Winrar extracted it to its own folder. The files that were extracted out were

1. folder named dotnet

2.PDF User guide

3.TXT read me

4. ORBXFTXNZNI100 APP

5. and a file called Setup_NZNI.2. However this files' image shows a blank piece of paper and the file type indicates it's a ' 2 file'.

So about halfway through installing it asks to insert disk 2. At which point I have to browse and locate that Setup_NZNI.2 file. After locating that it continues installing. Then just as the green install progress bar is about to reach the end a box pops up saying 'Error'  Setup can not create the following folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsfot Flight Simulator X\\ORBX\User Documents.

Whether I select Retry or Cancel on that pop up the installation is exited. Please help.

Thanks again

I see the same files as you.

4. is named OrbxFTXNZNI100.exe.

I am not asked for disk two

and I don't see the error message.

I assume that there is a Windows issue with permissions to write to the

C:\program files (x86) folder, I have FSX installed to C:\FSX.

What OS do you have and are you running OrbxFTXNZNI100.exe.

as an administrator?

If not, try that.

I got it working! I went to the ORBX folder and only deleted the user documents file with had a blank page image next to it (indicating it was somehow corrupt I think). Deleting it caused it to reappear this time as a actual folder. I ran the install again and this time it was much faster because most files were already there.And bam it installed with FTX Central popping up.

Thanks for the assistance

Archived