Add-on/Airport doesn't show in FSX (YLIL)

Hello everyone!

I'm having problems with this airfield (Lilydale/YLIL) showing up in the game, as both the scenery, and the starting points (i.e. Runways, Parking Bays, etc.) remains as the default FSX scenery.

On my previous computer (with XP 32-bit) I had my FSX running on it just fine and installed the freeware add-on just to see how it was like. I can recall that as you select what Airport you want to start from, the add-on gave more options (i.e. which runway, or parking bay) on where you want to start from.

Then, after I got the Australia SP4 (blue edition), it actually improved the scenery at YLIL by adding a few more things in it, etc. But now, it's all on a different computer (but everything is still running fine just like on the older one) and both with the freeware and payware add-ons installed, everything around the airfield was updated, but the airfield remains that default single runway place.

What should I do?

Cheers!

The_Composer

Okay,

So I've looked through a few things and made a few changes to see if it works;

Firstly, there were NO errors during the installations, I then turned all the FTX scenery's OFF and turned them back ON again, but to no avail.

I even downloaded and installed the libraries update and it didn't do anything. Then, I decided to open this 'OrbxControlPanel.exe' to see if setting something there might help with this issue. Though, it turns out that that once I double-click on it, it comes up with this error message:

"No configuration file specified.".

I find this strange, since when I open FTX Central and click on the 'Control Panel' button, it shows the control panel for the 'Lilydale' and 'Coldtream' 3D Grass options and opens fine without a hitch.

I hope that this gives more detail to the problem.

The_Composer

Okay, so I've uninstalled ALL the add-ons related to ORBX, and have removed any registry entries that have any affiliation with them.

I've then restarted the Computer (to get the most out of it and to run as smoothly as can be), and started downloaded YLIL again and the Australia Blue Region (downloading it from a different server CLOUD CDN might have better results).

As I did with the other Computer (running on XP), I decided to install YLIL (freeware) FIRST with NO updates, and everything worked like a charm and as I started FSX, the 'Generating Scenery Indexes' bar was loading (looking so far so good).

I then checked the 'Scenery Libraries' button on the 'Settings' parge, and had the 'Add-on Scenery' on the top (1st priority) so all was good. However, as I was setting up the flight, there was NO Coldstream Airport, and when I clicked on Lilydale, it ONLY showed the two starting points Runways '18' and '36'.

I even started the flight anyway and to my surprise, the scenery was the same FSX Default one. I don't understand what's gone wrong, as I've had both the boxes ticked for the 3D Grass on it's control panel.

The installation script for Lilydale requires that you have the scenery configuration file which is part of FTX Australia installed first before adding any airports. If you have FTX Australia, or in your case the FTX Australia Blue Region, set FTX Central to Australia and install Lilydale again. If Lilydale and Coldstream are still not available you may need to add the FTXAA_AIRPORTS folder to your FSX Scenery Library manually.

Orbx airports do not reside in the Add-on Scenery folder but have their own respective folders which are normally added to the Scenery Library during installation.

Every time I install YLIL, if I only install V2.0,  I only get the FSX default.  I always have to first  install Beta 3001, Beta 3002, Beta 3003 and Beta 3004 and then V2.0

I know that elsewhere in the forum  the Orbx moderators/staff insist that V2.0 works by itself but all I can do is give my experience that has happened every time I re-install. Give it a try, sounds like you have nothing to lose. Cheers  Dan.

I always have to first  install Beta 3001, Beta 3002, Beta 3003 and Beta 3004 and then V2.0

The only thing now is where to find them? ;) I looked over the freeware and support sections on ORBX, and couldn't find any previous versions nor patches of Lilydale.

Martin

Maybe the information that I got from the four "Betas" is in the FTXAA_AIRPORTS file that I do not have installed thereby making it appear that the Betas are needed!!

Glad that you got my home field sorted mate :)

Cheers  Dan

Archived