VOZ and FTX, do they work together in FSX?

philby

Phil,

VOZ does not work in FSX.

VSX and FTX will work ok, you will however need to make sure that VSX is installed lower down the scenery order than FTX. (The FTX installer will do this for you automatically if you already have VSX installed.

The developers working on VSX are hoping to try and make the integration with FTX seamless. There may be some problems that need to be ironed out with subsequent releases of VSX. For example FTX will provide roads, railways, rivers, coastlines and landclass that is more accurate than those provided with VSX, so over time we will need to finetune these aspects of VSX.

Thanks for quick reply Barry.

Shall do.

Now is this a coincidence or what. With FTX due out hopefully this week, what do I find at Flightsimstore.?

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=50&products_id=249

Barry are you aware of this product and what if any effect it may have installing it along with FTX? As it sounds an interesting products for Victorians.

Ta

Phil

G'day again Phil,

Christian Stock from Red Baron is a great developer and his products are first class. However these products were aimed at FS9. The Roads & Rivers of Victoria package would be superceded by FTX. As mentioned previously FTX will be introducing a roads and railway network accurate to within 1m. Not only will they be the most accurate roads and railways in Australian simming history they will have new textures to help 'bring them up out of the scenery'. You can see many previews of what the road network is looking like in the preview pages.

The Mountains of Victoria package is a 20m mesh for Victoria. It is more accurate than the 76m resampled (Australian) meshes available anywhere else. It is the highest mesh product available for flight sim Australia that I am aware of. Having said that it was designed for FS9 and whilst it works well in FSX it does not contain the enhanced mesh features introduced with FSX. This basically relates to compression techniques (memory saving issues) and display of mesh in the distance (where FSX mesh is more accurate).

The Mountains of Victoria package should work ok with FTX, however it is worth remembering that all our developement is toward supporting the 76m meshes.

Now is this a coincidence or what. With FTX due out hopefully this week, what do I find at Flightsimstore.?

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=50&products_id=249

Barry are you aware of this product and what if any effect it may have installing it along with FTX? As it sounds an interesting products for Victorians.

Ta

Phil

FTX won't be out this week. Flightsimstore.com's date is slightly optimistic. We are aiming for this month though.

Christian Stock's Mountains of Victoria will work beautifully with FTX, adding 20m mesh for the whole state. I think Barry uses it for testing, but as he stated it's based on FS9 techniques and you will see some "ridging" effects on steep slopes. I hope Christian will recompile it for FSX soon, coz I can't live without it!!! :) :)

However, the Roads and Rivers of Victoria addon will conflict with FTX, because it offers its own rivers, topic, coastlines etc which will compete with FTX's ones. I might get Christian to come up with a patch so they can co-exist together better, but right now out of the box I'd probably hold off on Roads&Rivers.

Thanks guys for replies and info.

There is a FSX Compatibility Patch one can download seperate for both these products from Flightsimstore.

Pity Roads and Railways etc want work with FTX, as I like the soud of this and if it is made by Christian Stock from Red Baron, I used to have his NZ roads etc installed for fs9, and they were quite good!

But I can understand it won't with FTX going to make their own. which I hadn't read that FTX will be introducing a roads and railway network accurate package.

I imagine that won't be part of Blue pack due out this month, but sometime down the track.

By the way, I meant 28th of Feb for realease of FTX Blue region, according to Flightsimstore. Not sure where I got the 20th from unless I read it elsewhere! Oh, hang on, I think I read it in some other posts in this forum.

Anyway I can wait till Thursday week.

Looking forward to it, anything to help Australia look better I am all for, Australia is like the poor cousin or black sheep of the family in Flightsim.

I mean, never have MS included Bacchus Marsh airfield ( I did with help design some scenery add on for it, in FS9 but never got it finished due to work committments etc) which is where I have learnt to fly, well still not finished PPL flying (done all the theory)  due to a annoying ligament & pelvic problem has stopped me flying for real! This FTX stuff sounds like the best thing for Australia FS ever since Ozpack sceneries for FS95 & 98.

Cheers

Phil

ps anyone interested Aaron through CCL simulations has released his YSSY airport scenery, which I helped beta test. His done a good job.

if anyone wants the link, let me know. ( hope I am not breaking any positing rules with saying this, just wanted to let people know it was avaliable.)

...which I hadn't read that FTX will be introducing a roads and railway network accurate package.

I imagine that won't be part of Blue pack due out this month, but sometime down the track.

Phil, roads and railways, metro freeways, interchanges, all accurate to within 1m will be part of FTX AU BLUE. We've posted quite a few screenshots of those already :)

FTX won't be out this week. Flightsimstore.com's date is slightly optimistic. We are aiming for this month though.

Jeez, this is a leap year as well  ;D  Only 6 days to go after this week.

I'm not ready to start counting sleeps yet  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Cheers,

Yes it's been a while in the making, and going by the screenies, it'll be a wait worthwhile. I for one will be counting sleeps-11 to go, AND I'm holding my breath for this release schedule! (then we get an accurate representation of Adelaide and Perth, two of my favourite aussie cities, ;D for starters).

As for the OP, just look at the names involved in VSX, Orbx and FTX. They're basically all the same crew!

Archived