Scenery object creation tool recommendations?

creekdog

I'm looking for some recommendations on what software to (somewhat) easily create library objects and import them for use in Airport Design Editor.  What I'm looking to do is create a few hangars and offices so Greywolf and I can add Sandhills Air Cargo buildings to some of the airports here in the Southeast.  Since Global has made flying outside of Orbx areas such a joy again we're looking to "expand" here in our home area.  I've looked at Instant Object Maker and also Instant Object Studio, but before committing to one, thought I'd see if anyone has any feedback or suggestions for other products.

Thanks in advance!

Probably best to head over to www.fsdeveloper.com for scenery design questions.

3D objects are traditionally made with gMax, but more people are using Sketchup and Blender now, amongst other things.

3DSMax is excellent but very expensive, and probably the current gold standard for FS development.

Ian, when you say gold standard, what do you mean?

How different is 3DSMAX than GMAX? In videos I've seen, it just looks as if 3DSMAX has an updated GUI.

I'm proudly using GMAX and making objects I never thought I'd be able to... After all GMAX is the original modeling tool for FSX.

gMax is trimmed down 3dsMax 4.

Since then there has been 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 2008 thru 2014

The tools are similar; much of the improvement (IMO) is in advanced lighting tools.  GMax is fine (and very cheap!)

I assume that the lighting would be more useful to aircraft creators rather than scenery designers?

You guys thinking about doing another aircraft sometime soon? It'd be nice to see an analog version of the RV.

Archived