Libraries

renesp

Greetings,

I bought FTX Global when it was released, did the updates as they came out.

However, only yesterday I came across a posting where the libs should be downloaded as they become available.
So, I never knew about this.

My question now, do I have to download all libs for FTX Global back-dated and install them in sequence?

Also, yesterday I bought Vector and FS Global. Do I need to download the libs as well back-dated and install those in sequence too?

Thank you for your help,

Rene

Greetings to you Rene,

To answer your question: the Orbx Library updates are an essential part of the process. Whenever a new library is available Orbx will post an announcement in the: Release Announcements forum http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/77-release-announcements/ , you do not need to install backdated libraries, as the latest one will override any older version. One thing to keep in mind as you purchase/install previously/earlier released Orbx software, would be to complete the installation process by re-installing the Latest libraries upon complete installation of any Orbx Airport, Region, or Patch.  

You could of course click the "Follow this" button for the "Release announcements forum" or regularly visit the fullterrain.com\support page  http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html for updates and patches as they become available.

Cheers Jeff

Just the latest libraries is fine.

Also, nothing 'bad' will happen if you are using old libraries ... but some things may not display properly and bug-fixes and improvements are incorporated into them.  A bit like any software update really.

Thank you Jeff & Ian,

I subscribed to the release announcements a few minutes ago.

One other question (yes, I am going through the definitive guide), what about the scenery library sequence in FSX? I seem to have Airport Enhancement Services right on top at position 1, then all my payware airports, then at positions 18-20 I see ORBX OPENLC_NAMERICA1, ERUOPE1, BASE.

At 21 I see FTXAA-ORBXLIBS.

Then all the way through up until 38 I have the standard FSX regions (north america, europe, Australie etc) and at 39-42 i see ORBX Vector_OBJ, APT, CVX and EXX.

And finally at 139 I also see ORBX Vector AEC.

I just installed VECTOR and preparing FS Global FTX.

Thank you again for your support.

Best regards from Zurich,

Rene

Hi Rene,

As I have not installed Vector presently, I can't offer you any first hand advice on AEC, OpenLC, placement. This information would best come from Ian Routley or one of the Developers.

Cycling FTX Central will usually set the order for the Scenery library, and FTX Central's Insertion Point Tool will take care of any priority ordering.

What I can provide are a couple of links to where Holger Sandman has discussed the Library placement order for AEC and OpenLC.

Here: Post #4 http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75896-scenic-library-order/?hl=%2Blibrary+%2Border

and here Post #8 http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75601-ftx-pnw-ksea-runways-apron-in-canyons/?p=693006

Rob Newman is soon to update the "Orbx FTX Definitive Guide" which will likely provide this Scenery ordering Info, so that is something good to have.

Cheers Jeff

Edit: If you need further advice please "Bump" this thread and the Team will take another look at your new question.

Thank you Jeff, for the link to Holger Sandmann...really helpful.

I opened FTX Central and I had previously done the updates FTX Global 1.1 and then FTX Global 1.2.

However, when I open FTX Central, I see Version 1.0 Build 1036 July 2013.

I obviously did something wrong?

Would the best be to just unistall FTX Global, reinstall the program and run the updates 1.1 and then 1.2 again?

NEVERMIND...I JUST READ THE POST THAT IF FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK in the versions list reads 1.2 December 2013, then I am okay.

LOL, that's quite alright Rene,

Yes you are Ok,  "Version 1.0 Build 1036 July 2013" is just the most recent version of FTX Central. Your Installed products list, in FTX Central is where all the updated Scenery and Libs versions are listed.

Cheers Jeff

Archived