Flatten problem at CYVK Vernon Regional in NRM

turnandbank

Since building a new PC and reinstalling all of my Orbx Regions including recently purchased Global, I have come across a problem at CYVK Vernon where all of the runways and taxiways are sitting in trenches well below the surrounding terrain.  I flew out of this strip on my previous system and install and everything was fine.  I have not come across this problem at any other airports I have tried in this region or any of the others that I own, including nearby airports such as CYLW Kelowna  and CZAM Salmon Arm, just at Vernon.  Can't figure out what is causing the problem at this one airport.  I currently have FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1.00 PATCH 003 August 2013. Any help would be appreciated  --  Holger?

Vernon-FTX-Flatten-Issue.jpg

Hi Martin,

anytime you see a problem like that at an airport I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names. It should bring up those that are ours, in this case:

ADEX_FTX_NRM_CYVK_Vernon.bgl

ADEX_FTX_NRM_CYVK_Vernon_CVX.bgl

FTX_NRM_objects_CYVK_PLC.bgl

ADE_FTX_NRM_CYVK_elevation_adjustment.BGL (2 locations, one in \Scenery\World\scenery and the other, an inactive backup, in \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF)

Anything else that comes up outside the FTX folders would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis.

Also, if you'e using FTX Global Vector, try deactivating its CYVK entry in the Vector control panel's AEC tab.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Holger

Here is a screenshot of all of the entries for CYVK in my FSX directory.  I did try renaming the UTX ones to  "*".BGL.OFF, but still had the same issue so I reverted them back.  Here is a copy of the search results and below that a screenshot of what it looks like from on the runway.

fsscr058.jpgVernon_terrain_issue.jpg

Hi Martin,

ADE_FTX_NRM_CYVK_elevation_adjustment.BGL in Scenery\World\scenery is set to .OFF, which would indicate that your FTX Central isn't set to North America. Please try applying North America again. If the file extension doesn't change to .bgl then try changing it manually. Also, with FTX Central set to North America, are all the other ADE_FTX_NRM_ files in \Scenery\World\scenery set to .bgl or (incorrectly) to .OFF?

You probably want to deactivate the five UTX files again. Even if they don't interfere with our CYVK it's usually best to avoid such duplication. I believe you can deactivate specific airports directly in the UTX Canada control panel.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived