Missing static aircraft textures after 11S Seiku v1.1 install

Stan V

After installing the new 1.1 update of 11S Sekiu, I have two (static) aircraft parked on the apron that are missing their textures, i.e., both are just black shapes. A twin engine a/c is directly in front of parking space 2. A static peopleflow person seems to be right next to it. The other looks to be a Cessna 172. I just re-downloaded and installed the latest Orbxlibs file (140302) but that didn't seem to make a difference. Suggestions are welcome ...

Seiku Order # FSS0268106

Sim: FSX

Stan Vossler

Hi Stan,

Reinstalling Orbxlibs seems to be the most obvious solution but since that didn't work, can you try re installing the ObjectFlow DLL manually for 11S. Just go to its Scenery folder in ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_11S/Scenery and run the ModuleInstaller.exe. Once you start FSX you'll get a prompt asking if you trust the ObjectFlow_11S.dll, click Accept. Let me know if this works. Cheers

Misha,

Unfortunately, doing as you suggest did not solve the problem. I manually ran the ModuleInstaller.exe and it told me that it had found an existing ObjectFlow_11S line and was deleting it followed by a second line that said it was adding an ObjectFlow_11S line, i.e., basically replacing the line in the fsx.cfg file. Also, when I ran fsx, I was not prompted about trusting ObjectFlow_11.DLL which tells me it already knew about ObjectFlow_11S.DLL as a trusted module. One additional piece of information and I have no idea if it is significant - but there is a black rectangle level with the tarmac underneath the black twin engine static aircraft but no similar rectangle underneath the black Cessna aircraft.

Stan

Hi Stan.

This is really strange, could you post a shot? Those aircraft are not ones I made but part of the Orbxlibs, so reinstalling those should solve the problem, but it seems you are missing textures. Were they OK before you installed 11S 1.1?

Ok - I will try to post two screenshots and see how that goes. Note, the peopleflow person (which, unlike the airplane, IS textured) appears to be working on one engine of the twin and he is animated which tells me that Orbx is his source. After you told me that you didn't place the aircraft there, I started worrying that I was seeing a third party's static aircraft but the animation of the human figure tells me it probably is at least an Orbx product. It looks like only one of my screenshots actually worked but that is okay. The second shot just showed a view of both airplanes from a little further away.

I really don't know how things were before installing 11S 1.1 because I hadn't flown out of there very often (more a reflection of the frequency you guys have been releasing airports and regions lately than any problem with the scenery release itself.) I still have both releases of 11S as zip files so if you want me to uninstall what I have and go back through the install process again and report incrementally, let me know. If you do, please offer guidance on the best way to uninstall.

Jb1KL.jpg

One more update: I spot checked a couple of my other Orbx airports and discovered this problem is more widespread than initially thought. For example, there are untextured static Cessna 172's at KSFF and KJAC, both of which were purchased shortly after their release and well before I installed 11S versions 1.0 and 1.1 so please factor that into your evaluation. Also, during my KJAC check, an AI Cessna 172 was taxiing out and it was textured just fine.

A related question: How do the OrbxLib uploads work, i.e., are they cumulative such that each update includes the sum of all previous updates plus or are they incremental such that each update includes only the new things needed for the next scenery release? That reason I ask is that if I am missing some basic textures out of my OrbxLib section, then if the library uploads were cumulative, mine should automatically recover simply by rerunning the latest update. It doesn't. In fact, I went back and re-loaded OrbxLib updates from as long ago as 120227 and still I didn't pick up the missing Cessna 172 textures or the Baron textures. On the other hand, it occurred to me that maybe the textures were stored in the scenery releases themselves to allow location-specific liveries... In the latter case, maybe something is missing from each of the scenery files I cited above. Comment?

I do not have anything besides fsx running, and my implementation runs DX9 only.

Misha, are the static aircraft textures stored in the same library location as the bgl files? I assume you simply reference the library's bgl files to place a static a/c in your scenery but where do the bgl files get their particular textures. Put another way, it would make sense to me that you would have some way to specify a tailored livery texture that matched your particular scenery location. How do you do that or don't you?

I am willing to do more experimenting to help pin this down but I need some suggestions from you or one of your Orbx comrades in order to get started. I've already exhausted my limited supply of ideas.

Stan

Ed, Darn but you're good - that was it exactly. I found a duplicate file in some third party scenery which I have now removed from my system. It wasn't anything I made. Some people just do not obey the rules!!! Please close this issue and consider my problem resolved.

Thanks again.

Stan

Archived