Runway issue PAJN (without UTX)

etocxed

Hello,

I've notice a zone @ PAJN airport, like a polygon sticking out of the sharp edge of the runway (08 side). I'm not using UTX, only FTX vector with Global & SAK, hybrid mode. I've tried to remove the scene and reinstall (followed by the patch), as well as the libraries, but no change. LOD is @ 4.5 and the mesh (FS Global 2010 for FTX) is set to 5m. I don't have any other BGL related to PAJN than those coming from  SAK, vector and the PAJN scene. Unlike the other post I've been through, I don't have UTX installed.

Also tried to remove the elevation correction from Vector but it make things actually worse ("trenches" all over the scene etc.)

I have a little pdf with all my settings but I don't know how to attach it (I'm not too used to these forum!)

Thanks for your assistance! Yann

Hi Yann,

make sure you have your scenery library entries for Vector in the correct place meaning below those of the FTX regions and airports. Also see as it may help with the polygon issue you're describing http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/73167-vector-causes-mesh-issue-at-pajn-payware-within-sak/?p=693988

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

I ran the tool in FTX Central to check the insertion point for Vector - no error reported. As recommended I also turn off 1211_EXX_Excludes.bgl but this made things worse - the GA plane & grass in the parking area (to the North when aligned on RWY 08) started floating around!

Below is a link to my public files where you can find a pdf with some snapshots from FSX library, the issue etc.https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=95bc9234d5959643#cid=95BC9234D5959643&id=95BC9234D5959643%21133 please let me know if you have issue with access.

Many Thanks!

Cheers Yann

Hi Yann,

if that's the complete list of PAJN files you're missing the "ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_elevation_adjustment.BGL" in \Scenery\World\scenery. There should be a backup copy in \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF in case yours has gone missing. While you're at it you may want to check that the other SAK elevation adjustment files are present as well; there should be 29 "ADE_FTX_SAK_{ICAO}_elevation_adjustment.BGL" files in total.

One more point, though unrelated to PAJN: the current service pack level for SAK is SP2; see our support page http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

Good news - this was indeed the issue! for some reasons I was missing all the SAK adjustment files - I re-ran the installer package, then the SP2, and now everything is back to normal!

Many thanks for your support and all these great sceneries,

Cheers, Yann

Archived