PNW elevation problem after re-install FSX

postie_47

Hello
        After i re-installed FSX and FTX PNW i'm getting elevation problems at PNW airports.I  deleted PNW and re-installed but the issue still persists.KCMW and several others have this problem.Can anyone help with this issue?.Thanks   Best regardsTJ3bW.th.jpg

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.   I re-installed the patches PNW5 and PNW 8 and Orbx Lib.14032.I also checked PAJN in SAK and i have the same elevation issue.The only change i've made when i re-installed  was i installed payware Scenery Tech North American Landclassv1.4 .I haven't installed any other  scenery in FTX CRM,  FTX NCA ,FTXNRM,  FTX US Canada Northern Rockies as of yet but i feel i'll get the same result.Baffled!      Thanks   Best Regards

Hello again

In my observations  it looks like the elevation problem is not only the airports but the entire PNW area.I since deleted the Tech North American Landclassv1.4 but still no difference.Can you tell me what to check when PNW SP5 is to be installed as i have two Global one Default and one North America to choose from in FTX Central.or should i try something else.BTW the land class scenery was at the top of the library tree but after i moved it down under the FTX entries the problem was still evident.I installed PAJN and there seems to be a elevation problem there also.Thanks again.

Hi there,

those three screenshots you've posted actually show the correct scenery meaning I don't see anything wrong. The N-end of the KCMW runway is embedded like that in the terrain, the lake shoreline is correct, and the real PAJN sits on a man-made plateau in a tidal mudflat. Those indented areas in the PAJN runway skirting apparently stem from Global Vector; deactivating PAJN in the Vector control panel (Airport Elevation Corrections) should remove them; see: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/72953-does-this-look-correct-at-pajn/?p=670734

Unless there are issues at other airports it seems like your installation is just fine. Make sure your mesh resolution slider is set to 5m (not 1m or 2m) as that helps with smoothing out steep edges. Also, if you come across any odd-looking airport within PNW or your other installed regions check in the Vector control panel whether it has elevation corrections and, if so, deactivate that as well.

Cheers, Holger 

Hello Holger
       Thanks for the reply but i've made two replies that i don't see.I'll redo the last one.I added KORS FTX PNW and this is what i got.The first picture is with AEC enabled and the second is disabled.A quick question.Does the PNW 1.80 have all the sevice packs included or do i have to install SP5  and SP8 and do you think a re-install of  PNW would be the best way to go now?ThanksBf2vQ.th.jpg2dbJ.th.jpg

Hello,
           You asked if i see anymore airports with an elevation problem so i installed these and this is just a portion of the airports with elevation problems.I have a few pictures for you but if you need more from other airports i'll be happy to oblige.The first two are PAJN with and without the FTX Vector configurator and the second is Twin Oaks.I've stopped installing because of  numerous elevation problems.I need to get to the bottom of this as i'm really getting frustrated uninstalling and re-installing to no end.Please continue the help so we can figure this out.Thanks in advance/R0Jc.th.jpghL17K.th.jpg

Hi there,

it's unlikely that there's anything wrong with your region or airport installations; after all they've been designed to work together from the start and FTX Central brings them all in the correct order. The issue with the two Global entries in FTX Central goes away once you install the current Orbx Libraries last, as instructed by the installers and manuals.

How about your Global Vector entries, are they at lower display priority, as they should, than the FTX block of region and airport entries, meaning below the FTX block in the scenery library menu? Also, are you using any other add-on that may include airport elevation adjustments including third-party AI traffic add-ons?

Cheers, Holger

Archived