Cross-cut strips of grass

Kulbit

Hi to all. i'm currently running Vector 1.1 with Global 1.2 on P3D v2 and i'm really enthusiast of them.

The only drawback, if I may say so, are those cross-cut strips of grass running all over in some places of  the scenery.

I have noticed that they are always in correspondence with the power lines and are not present in the full fat FTX regions.
In the last screen you can see it clearly, and I noticed, however, that this issue is more pronounced on the mountains, right at the line of pylons.
What might be due?

image.jpg

image.jpg

These clear-cut areas do actually exist along the path of high-voltage transmission lines.

The visual appearance of the power line right-of-ways seemed overdone in Vector 1.0, but looks more subdued in 1.1

This link explains more about the practice of clearing vegetation beneath high voltage transmission lines.

https://www.tva.com/power/rightofway/anatomy_row.htm

Indeed.

The problem identified is that on a global basis, the clear cut areas appear everywhere that there are pylons,

which sometimes doesn't look so good.

pylonlines_zps94458ddd.jpg

I believe that in the ORBX regions, the clear cut areas appear only where they do exist.

Archived