a few elevation problems in Southern Alaska

surlybonds

Hi Gentlemen,

I've checked all the FAQ and searched the posts but found no similar problems - although I'm sure they're out there.  Checked also the definitive guide.

I installed FTX NA Blue Southern Alaska recently following a reinstall of FSX.  I'm discovering some elevation problems at the runways of Juneau Intl., Seward and Homer.  In some cases, the runway elevations are below the general elevation of the surrounding scenery and in others its the opposite.

I have UTX us, canada and alaska - tongas fjords - FS Genesis, GEX us and canada.  I have all the ORBX NA Blue Areas and 7 airport enhancements - so far. . . 

Your help is greatly appreciated.  Great products, by the way!!

Surlybonds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Holger - you've pulled me out of more messes!!

I followed the thread recommended and ran the batch file in the first link.  That satisfied a good number of southern AK airport elevation problems.  So far, I've noticed that Seward and Ketchikan are still in need of help - elevation wise.  The second link listed had to do with Anchorage Airport which appears fine in my view.  Finally, the third link - purchasing a site adjustment product from FSGenesis, I've never done before to solve these problems, but will purchase if it will help my situation.

I've scanned  all my files having the names PAWD and PAKT and i can get that to you, if you think it will help, but I don't see how i can attach it in the forum.  It seems to me that is what you asked for the last time I ran into conflicts with elevations.

Thanks Holger - you're the best!!

Donn

Hi Donn,

glad to help.

Regarding the FSGenesis product: it's a misunderstanding that it actually improves anything for SAK customers. In fact the thread exists to remove several files from that package that interfere with SAK. In other words you don't want to purchase that product.

As for PAWD did you see the March 25th update in the thread's first post regarding the misspelled UTX files?  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56683-ultimate-alaska-x-and-ultimate-terrain-x-canada-compatibility-with-ftx-southern-alaska-sak/?p=508807

If you run a search for bgl files that include PAKT as part of their names then the easiest way to forward that information is to take a screenshot of the search result and post it here. A good example of that is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129 . Make sure that full folder names and paths are visible. Instructions how to post screenshots are here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Archived