Missing major roads West of ESSA

Hi.

First of all, thanks for a great product, the 1.1 upgrade looks like it has solved a bunch of the previous issues (on a personal note I'm very happy to once again be able to see Lake Mälaren back in FSX ;D).

Despite the improvements I spotted one remaining issue in my home region, although I'm not 100% sure it is a vector issue, it could just as well be something in the Global Base pack because I had the same issue using UTX Europe after I installed the Base pack.

However, since it is Vector data that is not showing up I decided to post here.

I am missing several major roads in the area west of Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ESSA)

Most notably road 263 is missing from the E4 all the way to the city of Sigtuna, and road 255 is missing from it's junction at road 263 and a considerable distance north. It also looks like all roads within the town of Märsta are missing.

OpenStreetMap reference of the area with road numbers can be found here

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=13/59.6415/17.8399

I'll try to post a screenshot with coordinates for you later on too.

Sim version is FSX Acceleration, with Vector 1.1, Global 1.2 (I think, I will have to double check this when I'm back home. It might be version 1.1) and the latest Libraries installed.

UTX is not removed, but all options are disabled apart from the LandClass are disabled both in the UTX control panel and in the scenery library. 

Kind regards

Mikael Stockfors

Ok, here are a few screenshots for you Stefan.

First I just want to confim that I have version 1.2 of FTX Global base package installed, and also that I'm running FS Global 2010 mesh.

Now, on with the screenshots.

This one is taken south of the area I mentioned earlier. Circled is a small piece of road 263, presumably where it crosses over the missing railroad leading up to ESSA on a small bridge. The road visible is the E4.

01-missing-almost-all-of-road-263.jpg

On the overhead I also spotted a few erroneous coastlines

02-strange-square.jpg

A bit further north and the railroad up to ESSA re-appears. Not sure how far south of here it disappeared though.. 

03-reappearing-railroad-south-of-essa.jp

Roughly where road 263 should branch of from the E4 in a western direction

04-where-road-263-should-branch-out-to-t

Overhead the town of Märsta. basically all Vector data is missing. Roads, railroads, and there should be a golf course roughly in my position.

05-overhead-marsta-missing-roads-and-rai

Roughly the location where road 255 should branch of north from road 263

06-roughly-where-road-255-should-branch-

The next overhead view should correspond fairly well with the OpenStreetMap link provided above.

Circled from left to right is:

Reappearance of road 263 as it crosses lake mälaren

Rough location of where road 255 should branch of to the north.

Rough location or where road 263 should branch of from the E4.

07-overhead-that-should-fit-with-openstr

I also tracked road 255, and it reappears in the small village of Vassunda (circled in the shot below), also as evident of this photo, plenty of roads of the same or smaller size are present within Vectors.

08-reapperance-of-road-255-ub-the-villag

And the final shot.

The railroad missing in Märsta reappears again in the town of Knivsta..

09-disappearing-railroad-tracks.jpg

Fingers crossed you can find a solution to this issue

Kind regards

Mikael Stockfors

Stu,

I've experienced issues with missing roads or a lack thereof as well, and my setup is pretty much inline with yours. After looking back at the PDF that came with vector and some of the responses to these specific datums / road networks, I've deduced the following:

Prior to global and vector we use UTX and it replaced all roads and products of the default. We probably did not restore all the default tiles, etc before installing global or vector, thus force global and vector to respond and address only the datum that is current in our environments. Conclusion, we may have to reactivate UTX or reinstall the defaults back from UTX, deactivate and uninstall UTX and reinstall Global and vector. Outside of this, we may have to reinstall a clean FSX. The latter is way too time consuming for me so I may have to compromise with select one of the first suggestions.

If I'm wrong please anyone advise.

Thank you

Archived