KRDD Redding Rwy/Twy Lights

Freezer41

G'day Freezer,

A couple of questions from my end to help pinpoint the issues further:

1. Are you using FSX, FSX-with-DX10, or P3D v1.4?

2. Is this issue limited to only Rwy34, and/or is it limited only to KRDD (ie do you have the same problem at Benton)?

3. What are your system specs?

4. It is a little hard to see from your second screenshot, but are both sides of the taxiway blacked out at night? If so, what location is it (a daytime screenshot during the day of the same spot would be perfect). Please note that many taxi-signs are one-directional; ie only one side will have text and be lit at night.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for the reply.

1. FSX

2. same problem at both airports

3. GTX 770 driver 334.89, Windows 7 64, default FSX install/directory

4. This is the sign on Twy D just after crossing Rwy 12 but, I don't have any backlit taxiway signs at RDD. They do work at O85 though.

G'day Freezer,

That should be the same file (adjusting for intl time differences), but I've just had a look at the source .mdl and realised I switched off the night texture call by accident at final render time. My mistake, fix attached:

1. Go to your FTX_AA_KRDD/scenery folder and find Westsim_Redding_Library.bgl and rename it to Westsim_Redding_Library.bgl.backup . This is your backup of the original file, should you need it. 

2. Download and drop the attached .bgl into your FTX_AA_KRDD/scenery folder, this includes the updated .mdl with night calls for the taxi signs. This should fix your problem. 

Now, regarding the light fx, this could possibly be related to a mild system overload - it is a known issue with FSX that .fx files will sometimes drop out if the system is being pushed. I'd suggest loading up at KRDD at night with a very simple aircraft (default Learjet, ORBX BOB etc) and see if you are still getting the same result. Let me know how you go. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Taxisigns_Fix.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day there,

In answer to your first question - yes work is almost done on the Redding SP/P3D2 triple installer. Secondly, if you aren't seeing any glow effects at either airport that's correct - my source photos show that there are non-lit reflective markers for the taxiways, so the best solution I came up with was to represent with night textures, but no attached fx.

Attached a photo for reference.

Cheers,

Jarrad

vJAVE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived