Perth - Summer Impressions

Oh my goodness me...  Sorry it took so long to reply, I just had to go change my shorts...  :-\

What can I say, these images above all else indicate firstly, just how far this hobby has come, but more importantly just how talented and dedicated the Orbx team are.

Guys this stuff truely is inspirational.  Our little backwater here in Perth does tend to get forgotten often, but you folks have done us proud.

Thank you very, very much.

There is not much a person can say,it's all been said,the pics are just great.

It's hard to comprehend that FTX is going to be that good,and more.

Australian simmers have waited to long for scenery like FTX,not taking anything away from VOZ.

Simmers around the world have enjoyed the Carabean ,Hawaii and Islands,let the same simmers

enjoy our islands like, Australia:New zealand:Pacific Islands:Asia and their islands

Keep the right side up,and the left side down,and see what happens ???  ???  ???.

JohnG.... :-*  :-*  :-*

Wow! Just incredible.... Love the new models and those night textures on the office blocks in last pic look good too.

I suppose there's nothing stopping AI boats in FTX?  Would be nice seeing the Sydney ferries with accurate models and timetables. I guess the VOZ (VSX) guys could do that.

Thats it. I am banning myself from here i just cant take it anymore. Infact i am banning myself from flight sim until the release of FTX. Great Shots again mango i am looking in my pic archive to see if i can find a real shot close to where you have taken the pics cause it looks awsomely real.

Shane

I think it will be some time before we see that Chris.

He may be Carps the builder but the wheels turn slowly.

Paul.

I understand Paul, as long as it eventually gets there.  We have been Dullsville for too long...

Cheers,

Our FTX Cityscape Perth addon will add hundreds of modeled buildings to your fair city. More details to come in the next month or so....

Koorbs, is FTX Cityscape a new addon?  Any announcements that I have missed  ???  ???

Given I check this site about 20 - 30 times a day  :D I would not have thought so...

Cheers,

especially if the stupid wa government doesn't bid for red bull again.

Sorry, I don't get the bit about "the stupid WA Government"...  I guess you have forgotten who bid for it in the first place...  and while it continues to represent not too great a drain on the public purse, they will continue IMHO.  But if people decide it has become all a little too HO HUM, and fails to attract the required tourist/visitor/local spend in the state (much like Rally Oz), then I don't see why public money should be spent just to prop up the event, as much as I like to see planes flying at crazy angles at ridiculous altitudes  :D

sorry got my words wrong, what i meant was the if the government fails to support it we'll lose it just like rally Australia. i do agree that the government shouldn't spend to much money on it but the wa government has a habit of knocking back things that are good for the state eg V8s in the city

Yes indeed  a well modelled Langley Park will be a good thing for sure.  May as well make use of it while it is still there.  I reckon within the next 4-5 years, it will disappear.

I think you're right there Chris.

BTW I love the colour of the Swan River, much better than the tropical blue of the default.

Paul.

Archived