Extraction error when unwrapping Northern California

neforus51

I have encountered an un-wrapping error and I am not sure if I can get help here or if this is a flitesim store issue.  After the download, I placed everything in a file named NC on my desktop.  I opened the file and ran the application file.  It goes all the way until when it says "un-wrapping installer" and then a few seconds later I get

"extract: error writing to the file OrbxFTXNAGoldNCA100.exe"

I have done the following things:

I have FTX Central set to North America

I ran the file as an administrator

I turned off antivirus

Any help is appreciated.

Hi there,

sounds like either you don't have sufficient harddisk space or the download itself is incomplete/corrupted. Check available space first; if that's OK I'd suggest re-downloading from FSS with a download manager.

Cheers, Holger

Yep, that was it, but now the files wont transfer

I freed up space and the un-wrapper was able to complete the unwrap.  The new problem is that when it goes to install the files, it completes the transfer in less than a second, which suggests that it did not install the files.  I also noticed that I have the same disk space and there are no PDF files listed in FTX Central like there is for my other FTX areas. 

For whatever reason, simply selecting North America in FTX Central was not enough. It looks as though I then have to start up MSFSX.  MSFSX then goes through this thing where it moves some files (happens whenever I go from Global to North A). I then closed MSFS and then tried the install again, and it worked. Good'ol trial and error always works.

Archived