Removing lines that follow utility poles

B77X

Hi David,

what FTX region or other addon are you referring to? In the North America regions we only placed utility corridors where they occur in the real world too (check Google Earth) unless we made a mistake somewhere in which case we'd need to have coordinates and/or screenshots.

Also, snow does stay longer on the ground in openings, such as clearcuts or right-of-ways, than in the surrounding forests meaning the effect is intended.

Cheers, Holger

I think all my textures are not assigned properly. Is this what FTX Global/ hybrid mode, with all the NA regions is supposed to look like? I am over British Columbia here. Everything looks like default except for the rivers

X22aAQh.jpg

Hi David,

looks normal to me for that season. Winter textures have lower contrast than other seasons, for obvious reasons, and tend to look less attractive, especially from greater distances when FSX doesn't display the higher-detail mipmaps of the landclass textures. I personally prefer to either fly in mid-winter (when it's all white) or during late spring or early fall. 

Cheers, Holger

Hi David,

looks normal to me for that season. Winter textures have lower contrast than other seasons, for obvious reasons, and tend to look less attractive, especially from greater distances when FSX doesn't display the higher-detail mipmaps of the landclass textures. I personally prefer to either fly in mid-winter (when it's all white) or during late spring or early fall. 

Cheers, Holger

Thought the Orbx areas had better detailed mountains. I guess that is only during summer? Do you recommend I run with only the NA region checked, rather than FTX Global with hybrid mode?

Hi David,

well, anything in FSX can be made to look bad with blurry textures and low autogen density. My point about snow being retained in forest openings stands though. To show that I'm not making this up see the attached Google Earth satellite image of cutblocks and powerline corridors near Whistler taken April 2009.

In any case, those cutlines are polygons embedded in the general landclass files of our regions so they are here to stay. 

Cheers, Holger

post-375-0-90220400-1393635478_thumb.jpg

Archived