FTX: NA Gold USA Northern California - Not installing!

wmayott

Hi,

I just bought FTX: NA Gold USA Northern California yesterday ... Normally I have no problems installing ORBX scenery .. but this time I did something stupid.

During the install, there was a screen that said to ensure I had the latest library files before installation ... so I closed the installer (despite the warnings that you should not close the wrapper / installer until it is completely finished) and updated my library files to the latest version ..

Then when I tried to run the Northern California installer again, it ran through, but seemed to finish too quickly (almost like it wasn't actually copying any files to my FSX scenery folders) ...

... and when I look in FTX central at the list of installed products, Northern California is nowhere to be found!!

Can somebody please help me? .. I probably just need to do some simple tweak to the wrapper or something, but I don't know what that would be ..

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

how far along was the installer before you terminated it? Can you check whether you have four FTX_NA_NCA05_[...] folders in \ORBX\FTX_NA with about 7,300 files in them? If so it may just be an issue with initiating FTX Central and the current Orbx Libraries.

Cheers, Holger

I have lots of folders in the ORBX folder .. I have FTX_NA_CRM's, FTX_NA_NRM's, FTX_NA_PFJ's, FTX_NA_PNW's, and FTX_NA_SAK's ..

but I don't have any FTX_NA_NCA's

I don't have just a FTX_NA folder either ..

Like I mentioned in my post .. the installer looks to finish too quickly .. like it isn't copying the files to the ORBX folder like it's supposed to ..

Actually .. I just ran the installer again .. after upgrading from Global Vector 1.0 to 1.1 .. and now it seems to be installing .. it has reorganized the folders in ORBX so I have a FTX_NA now .. containing a lot of the stuff that used to be in the root ORBX folder .. including some FTX_NA_NCA folders ..

Think I may be good now ..

Archived