Four NCA Landmarks

Dusterman

Crater Lake looks beautiful, but I can't find Crater Lake Lodge on the lip of the crater.  Since it is winter and they get a lot of snow (550 inches one year) maybe it is just buried under the snow.  If not, adding the lodge would complete that jewel of a scene.  Moving down to the San Francisco peninsula, the Stanford Linear Accelerator is missing as I fly down Hwy 280.  It is a prominent landmark from the air and would complement your rendition of the Kaiser cement plant a little further down Hwy 280.  Thirdly, you have omitted the Pulgas Water Temple just west of Hwy 280 at the south end of Upper Crystal Springs Reservoir, the west end of San Francisco's aquaduct from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite National Park.  Your San Francisco Cityscape will turn brown without the Hetch Hetchy water. And one more minor omission, while I think of it.  I flew over the San Luis Reservoir forebay and noticed it does not connect to the California Aquaduct.  On further investigation I found the California Aquaduct ends west of Gustine, nevermore to appear in NCA.  There are also discontinuities in the Federal ditch east of the Aquaduct.  It looks as though the pumping stations are interpreted as an elevation changes and a hill is put in place of the pumping station.  Southern California is at your mercy! Please restore the water before all their reservoirs go dry.  According to the LA water folks they have a year's supply in reservoirs so you have a year to put out NCA SP1.  Thanks for the wonderful NCA.  It has been fun flying this region as there is so much to explore that you did put in, such as Lick Observatory. Your exceptional effort stands out every time I fly to a new location.

Certainly, I will let Orbx staff speak to this list but I will add that what you are referring to are custom made objects.  These take considerable amount of time to make "build" and texture appropriately.  And then have to be individually placed sometimes requiring the underlying mesh and textures to be adjusted.  So a ton of work.

While nice, I totally do not expect them to add every significant landmark into the scenery.

I to noticed that there needed to be a Crater Lake lodge and parking lot and also the other facilities up at the end of the road.

Anything that Orbx is willing to add like your suggestions would be good as they are all significant visual landmarks.

Archived