Missing NA (Default and ORBX) city textures and autogen

yycvor

Im at a crossroads with FSX and what to do about this.

If I'm going to format and reinstall, I will make the switch to P3D. I don't really want or need to at this time, but my main question here is, is my current FSX install salvageable? This issue here has really caused me to lose interest in FS as of late (total immersion killer) and I really need help with this one.

First off I have no idea when or what I did to cause this issue. I never really noticed the full scope of this use for quite sometime. I assumed it was a specific scenery or something to do with layering but seem to not be the case here. But I think I have narrowed down the issue here. I think....

My entire north American cities and towns, including ORBX regions, seem to be missing its textures and autogen. Areas either appear as forest, desert, or farmland depending on what would be specific to that area. Default buildings (downtowns) seem ok, but NYC for example is just a big forest.

Can anyone help me trouble shoot

I have UTX, Orbx areas ( I will update my purchases shortly in my signature) and FTX Global.

Hi Shane,

sounds like a landclass issue to me so I'd go through the scenery library menu and uncheck anything that looks like a third-party add-on for that area. If you have lots of entries you can run an iterative 50/50 split -- deactivate 50% of entries and re-check, etc. -- to speed up the process. It's unlikely that the FTX Global urban textures and autogen just disappear and more likely a file or files that don't call urban classes.

... unless I'm misunderstanding your verbal description in which case a couple of representative screenshots would be useful: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger 

Holger,

So I could have looked at my library a million times and never noticed anything out of whack until you mentioned the problem may be with landclass.

UT - Vegetation was number 7 in the priority list, about 70 higher then it should have been with the other UT entry's.   I bumped it back down below anything else where it should have been, and surprise, that was what was causing the issue.

Problem solved!!!

You are my new hero

Cheers!!!!

Archived