FTX Global - doesn't look as expected

Artem Crum

Hello,

I'm testing the Baltic region (EVRA exactly) and it seems something is wrong on my system.

Here is the demo shot from this topic: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/58944-ftx-global-openlc-baltic-demo-riga-and-tallin/

WbjYs.jpg

...and here is how does it look on my setup:

c6hv.jpg

Not even close to the demo shot. ???

No other scenery covering that region is installed - only Global + Vector. What should I check to fix that?

Hello sirs,

I'm not using UTX (the Global+Vector only) and I don't think my shot is better, because there are some unpretty texture bad overlappings around the nearest end of runway. And it's overall strange that two shots are so different. Baltic demo area should have included all the layers - textures, vector and LC, as far as I know. So they should look pretty much the same, but they didn't.

The title of the thread is "FTX Global + openLC Baltic Demo - Riga and Tallin so there is some beta landclass in use in the demo screenshot (which is what preview shots are all about of course - showing you something you don't have yet). The demo shot was taken in FSX as opposed to P3D so that explains the color difference, and it looks to me like you have your agn slider backed off quite a bit which would account for the lack of trees. Here are a couple from my own installation, only default landclass in play. What I'm seeing looks like yours I think:

First from FSX:

fsx_evra.jpg

and from P3D2:

p3d2_evra.jpg

Jim

The title of the thread is "FTX Global + openLC Baltic Demo

I thought this demo is included with FTX Global distribution. And as I can see there is a dedicated baltic15.bgl in D:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU1\Scenery\ folder. Isn't that's it? And our screenshots do look similar, but definitely not the same.

And the agn sliders are set to "very dense" on this my shot - and that's one more concern.

Seems, something is corrupted on my side.

Is that P3D2? The autogen concerns me, I just dialed mine back to Very Dense and I had a ton more trees than you show in your screenshot. I'm wondering if you have some older autogen descriptions installed that are missing some definitions. Assuming P3D2 and if you haven't already done so, try installing the latest P3D2 Orbxlibs from here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74032-orbxlibs-140201-for-p3dv2/

After installation cycle FTX Central to EU or something and then back to Global/hybrid which should put the latest autogen descriptions into play. If that's P3D 1.4 then do the same but install the 140201 libs from here instead:

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

I also temporarily disabled Baltic15.bgl and it's definitely having an effect, the place looks completely different without it. I don't have Vector installed BTW so that could be modifying your airport background somewhat. You could try unchecking the vector folders in your scenery library temporarily to see if that changes anything. I'm sure there was no vector involved in the demo screenshot Vlad posted.

Archived