Login forever

Bassman

Hi moderators, everytime I come to the forum I have to logon even thought I have selected "forever".

Maybe the reason is that I do shutdown my poota everynight?

Also on a side issue and not requesting any replies to re-open a closed post please don't confuse me with drmckee as I am djmckee from OZ. However I must say that with a name like ours, he must really be a nice person (and a very good looking fellow :P :P :P who was just caught off guard like the rest of us hoomans are from time to time.

I have said before that e-mails and forums can be very confusing beasts as there is no "body language" involved and sometimes it is best to type your post, go away and have a cuppa or whatever and then come back, check what you have posted and then if still ok, press the send button. Can prevent a lot of unintended angst within this homogenous community of ours.

Cheese

Dan (J) Mckee VH-DAN

Hi Dan,

It's probably because your cookies are being cleared, either when you shut down your browser or if you routinely run a cleaner program (without an exception for wanted cookies). If you're using Firefox, check the Cookies settings and make an exception for the orbxsystems.com cookies. There's probably something similar in that other browser.

Greg

If your smart and use will be using FireFox in which case you will be given the option to save it to your Password area, this I might add has nothing to do with cookies either. IE works in a similar fashion from memory.

If your smart and use will be using FireFox in which case you will be given the option to save it to your Password area, this I might add has nothing to do with cookies either.

Dan asked about staying logged in forever, not about saving his password in the browser.

The login duration is controlled by a cookie called orbxsystems.com>SMFCookie908 which is set with an expiry date depending on the option you choose at login. If you choose "forever" it sets the expiry at 6 years hence. But to make this work you have to set Firefox to retain cookies until they expire, rather than remove them on exit.

If you use a tool like CCleaner to remove cookies, it allows exceptions, so you can choose to retain the Orbx one while deleting other cookies.

Greg

Archived