Missing textures or DX10 in NCA

jpmouse

In FTXNANCA I noticed that in areas with many autogen buildings there were incomplete objects in black that I suspected were trees.  At first I thought it was a video card problem.  I remembered a similar problem with an airport in Alberta (CEN4 I think), before it was upgraded to be DX10 compliant.  I turned off DX10 preview and when I rebooted FSX the objects were rendered properly and they were trees.

Does this mean that NCA is not built for DX10?  If so, are there plans to make it so?

Thanks

Might need a screenshot to see exactly what you are describing.

Are you you using Steve Parson's DX10 fixer tool also?

Not using any fixer tool.  I converted images to .jpg and uploaded to Dropbox but when I insert url's to images they do not appear. 

With DX10 preview:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/IIQ

without DX10 Preview:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/IIM

Thanks for the response, Nick Cooper.  You may be right.  I'll look for the fixer.  I also just realized that I have the FTX Day/Night tool on "Day".  I'll try switching that first and then look for the tool if that doesn't work.

I applied the latest version of the fixer (3.2.2.2) and still have the same problem in any of the NCA regions.  IN PNW and default areas I have no problem.  I suspect that it is something with NCA.  It could be a corrupt or missing set of textures/objects, but I have no idea how to find out unless someone from ORBX can help.  Not a biggy as I really enjoy the scenery and can fly in DX9 if I want to .  It's just one of those mysteries you want to solve.  Ha Ha.  Thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

I applied the latest version of the fixer (3.2.2.2) and still have the same problem in any of the NCA regions. 

Nick Cooper, s. mail #4,  has probably mentioned the payware DX10 scenery fixer from S. Parson, not the Avsim freeware fixer (V3.2.2) . The payware fixer will solve nearly all DX10 issues within all FTX NA region packages.

Wulf

Archived