FTX EU IRL

kodiepilot

Hi Bill,

thanks for the information. Now we just need to know what airport you're talking about.

Generally speaking, if you have an issue with a specific airport it's typically due to another add-on for that same location that isn't compatible with our region and sits at higher display priority in the scenery library menu. Thus, you may want to have a look at the menu and check what's above the FTX block of entries.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Bill,

you can use the insertion point tool in FTX Central to quickly move the block of Orbx/FTX entries around; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

You may want to try moving our entries to the top for a quick cross-check whether another add-on causes the issue. Alternatively, you can temporarily uncheck all entries above the FTX block, at least those that may contain Dublin airport scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Bill,

actually, in these case, the quickest approach is an iterative 50/50 split meaning re-activate half the entries and check again. If the issue returns, deactivate half of the active entries, if it doesn't switch to the other half, etc. This way it usually only takes a few iterations to hone in on the culprit. Also, keep in mind that you can do this with FSX running and, last but not least, it helps to turn down your slider settings, except for the relevant ones, to help with scenery reloading speed.

I suspect though that you can exclude many of those 78 entries beforehand because it's unlikely that any non-local add-on would have that effect on Dublin airport.

Cheers, Holger

OK Holger,

I'm in the process of doing that. I may have a bigger problem. I have no Default Icon in my FTX Central. Little back ground. My C: drive was running low on space. When I checked, the FSX backup scenery from the Orbx  add-on's was being copied to the C: root. So I decided to copy all of them to another drive and put them in their own folder. I then deleted the ones on the C: drive. Then I noticed that there was no Default Icon. So I copied them back. Still no Default Icon. This is all my doing. Do you want me to create another post for this issue?

I noticed this when I went to use the insertion tool. Which says to set FTX Central to Default. Have I really made a mess?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Bill

Holger,

I have FTX Global. The post you answered above explained why no default. What a relief.

Backup scenery files. When you install FTX scenery, Orbx ask/recommends you back up default scenery. Which I've done. When I noticed my C: drive getting full I noticed 7GB of "Bit Image" files. So I thought that represented my Default scenery. If I'm wrong and these did not come from ORBX and have nothing to do with the missing Default Icon. Then it's not ORBX's issue. Then I'll delete then and leave them backed up on the other drive.

Still working through the tree issue. So far so good no trees with all ORBX files checked in the Scenery Library.

Bill 

Holger,

That's the mystery. First I unchecked all sceneries above IRL. Then the trees were gone. Second I started checking a group of sceneries at a time and checking after each to see if the trees returned. They didn't. When I got through checking all the sceneries above IRL the trees still didn't return. Therefore I don't know what caused the problem. I should have taken a picture of the trees so you don't think I'm loosing it. Maybe I am!

Bill

Archived