PNW trouble with fresh install

Marc Muller

Hello everybody

I re installed my flightsim computer 2 days ago, (on an imac with bootcamp)

I installed fsx with acceleration, the PMDG 777 and all my Orbx scenerys only, nothing else.

I have activated ftx global in hybrid mode in the ftx central. Now, i went to KSEA for a flight, but there are hills all over the runway, which i can fly/drive/taxy through.

Did anybody already experienced something like this??

Many thanks

Marc

Hi Marc,

first off, make sure you have PNW patched to the current level, SP7: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

If the issue persists it could be a third-party add-on for KSEA, including terrain mesh add-ons or AI add-ons that include airport elevation adjustments. In earlier versions of PNW we had given KSEA a non-default elevation but with the current version we reverted to the default 433ft to help with compatibility.

If you can't find an obvious culprit (searching for files with "KSEA" in their names outside of the FTX folders and without "FTX" as part of their names often helps) then perhaps post a couple of screenshots to help with a visual diagnosis:

Cheers, Holger

Hello

i did install all the updates, then the latest libraries, restarted the Computer, and now KSEA is fine again

but unfortunately i do get the same Problem at other Airports now. here is a screenshot from KPAE

i cannot get the Forum Software to add a Picture to the post, so i just post the link to it here

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5530/12608300193_5ca453a29e_z.jpg

Many thanks for your help

Marc

ps. i just found out, that I installed Justflights Traffic 360 yesterday as well....I am uninstalling it right now, to check if this could be the problem

pss. Traffic 360 Uninstalled, and Problem still persists, cannot find any other mesh scenery except ORBX

Marc

Hi Marc,

please run a Windows search for all .bgl files that include KPEA as part of their names and post a list or screenshot of the result with full file and folder names.

How to post screenshots in our forum: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger 

Hi Marc,

I'm not just talking about \Scenery\World\scenery but your entire FSX folder tree. For KPAE there should be the following PNW files:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KPAE_Snohomish_Co.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_KPAE_Snohomish_Co_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KPAE_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_KPAE_custom_hangers_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_KPAE_custom_hangers_lib.bgl

2_orthoimage_WA_SE2005_PaineField_KPAE.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KPAE_elevation_adjustment.BGL

plus whatever other add-on you may have, which are the files we're looking for.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Marc,

is this with FTX Central set to North America? If so the odd thing is that the elevation adjustment file in \Scenery World\scenery has the extension .OFF, which means it's inactive. Renaming the extension to .bgl should fix the issue. Make sure though that all other ADE_FTX_PNW_{ICAO}_elevation_adjustment files in that folder are also set to .bgl. If not try cycling FTX Central once to Oceania and then back to North America.

Cheers, Holger

Brilliant Holger

that made it work again...I had FTX Central on Global with Hybrid, I went to Oceania, then to North America, then the files were .bgl´s again. I then switched back to global with hybrid, and now i got normal scenery again...

i saw that they were all OFF files, but had no clue what that meant...

thanks for your help

Marc

Archived