FTX Vector deactivated itself?

AnkH

Hi all,

I observed a strange phenomenon this weekend: while preparing a flight from Jakarta to Bali to test the newly downloaded TDS 737-800, I already realized by flying above Java that somehow FTX Vector was "missing". While approaching Bali Intl., it was obvious that FTX Vector was not active at all, I only had FSX native coastlines and roads. A quick check of the scenery library menu made it obvious, the two entries for FTX Vector were missing. BUT, I did not install or change anything since the last time I used my FSX with FTX Vector correctly enabled and activated. I also did not realize that while starting up FSX, there was this "buliding scenery database" window, which usually appears if you change something in the scenery.cfg. Strange. Somehow FTX Vector got deactivated on its own on my rig and this completely slipped my attendance. How can that be? Is this a known bug? Did I do something silly wrong? The only thing I can say with 100% confidence is that I did not manually deactivate the FTX Vector entries or anything else in the scenery.cfg. So, these two entries must have been lost somehow, but I have no idea how...

BTW: I added them again according to the forum post here and now FTX Vector works again flawlessly. Just wonder for how long...

Both Vector entries were removed from the scenery.cfg. However, I was one of the users where the install routinge of FTX vector did not add the scenery.cfg entries on its own, I had to add them manually in the first place. However, it worked flawlessly, as soon as I did move the two entries to the right position. Stil, somehow the installation of the freeware airport pack removed those entries. Or at least, I think so. I can not be 100% sure that the installation of the freeware airport pack was the cause, but between installation of FTX vector, installation of the airport pack and recognition of the missing scenery.cfg entries, I did nothing else to my FSX, and this I am 100% certain about.

Archived