PNW Textures ok?

Gandalf21

Hi,

after I bought 11S Sekiu I made flight at the PNW Area, time February. Could somebody tell me, that the textures on the screenshots are ok?

The location is N48° 20.07 W124° 28.20

6J7HD.jpg
vW5j3.jpg

I've installed PNW Patch 7, FTX Global, Vector and the latest libraries.

Is it ok, that there is no snow in this area? The trees are green?

Regards,

Martin

That looks correct, most of the coastal PNW does not receive enough snow in the wintertime to completely cover the ground. For many of the areas January will be the only month the ground is blanketed in snow, other winter months just have a dusting. The cleared areas look like they have more snow because the tree cover does not block snowfall so they receive an even layer of snow that can be easily seen. 

If you're looking for heavy layers of snow, try east in the Cascades at higher altitude

Cheers,

Alex

Alex is correct :)

Most of those cleared areas are from logging.  A dusting of snow will make them white, while the snow on the trees quickly blows off and falls to the ground leaving the trees green.  Thus the patch-work of color.

The Puget Sound gets very little snow at lower elevations.  The snow that does fall, typically doesn't last long (more than a few days) before it melts.

My yard has been white with snow for less than 24 hours this winter and less than a week total last winter.  Some areas get a bit more snow, especially at higher elevations.

Cheers,

Matt

Archived