Microsoft Has Stopped Working

Bassman

When I exit FSX I get the above message. I then have to select cancel to close. This does not happen during flight and I am always able to start up FSX later on. It is just a nuisance. Any ideas please?

Cheers  Dan

Hi Dan,

It does it to me, too - infrequently. I am using REX Overdrive and it's weather engine. Depending which one (FSX or REX) I close first I can get the same error message and need to kill FSX. The only real drawback I see is that changes on the settings you made during your session may not be written to the FSX.cfg file and you would need to do them again next time you start FSX.

Best Regards

Frank

Please forgive my ignorance, but the slider at the bottom of what???

Dan

Sorry, that was a bit diffuse. I mean the slider in the User Account Control settings which is vertical to slide. Move the slider down. That's what I meant. Don't worry if it's written "not recommended". You can also use Google to get more information about UAC.

Spirit

Do you have any Aerosoft scenery products installed ? I had the same issue and it was releated to their old 'ASELoadDLL.dll'. I cannot remember exactly what I did back then, I think I removed it from the DLL.xml file which is in your "\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\" folder. But your problem might be something totally different.

Cheers,

Siggy

Spirit thanks for that I'll give your suggestion a go first and if not successful I will then give Siggy's suggestion a go and I will let you know how I get on.

Brett, appreciate your reply but luckily the actual operation of FSX is not effected by this niusance, just shutting down.

Cheers Dan

Tried both suggestions.

Do not have any Aerosoft installed and can't find any other ASEload.DLL on my system.

UAC slider was already at the bottom.

Oh, well  it's only a minor nuisance.

Thanks anyway guys.

Cheers  Dan

Hi Dan,

where is your FSX installed? There are problems if you  have it in the standard Windows folder (Program Files(x86)). It's recommended to have FSX outside this folder. Maybe something like C:\FSX or whatever. Make sure that you have "Full Control" of the root folder of FSX. One can check this at the "properties/security" of the root folder.

Spirit

My FSX is installed on a separate SSD by itself. Of course the FSX.cfg file is in my users\appdata\  etc .

And the root folder is where??

The root folder is the top folder where you FSX is installed. Something called like this D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Spirit

Ok, did not have full control ticked, have now ticked it, started FSX, closed FSX still get the same message. However I am starting to remember years ago when I first installed Win 7,  the problem was due to some Administration setting however that's as far as my memory goes. Appreciate your continued assistance mate, sorry to be a nuisance.

Cheers  Dan

Yes at the moment I have FSX, Acceleration, FSGlobal 2008, Dotnetfx4.5, Aerosoft Lord Howqe island (without the FTX patching), OZx products and of course numerous FTX products. This nuisance has not just happened since I re-installed FSX etc on the weekend, it has always been there; just that I thought I would try to address the issue again. Again, sorry but what is the "event viewer"? Dan

Go to "control panel/administrative tools/event viewer/custom views/administrative events". There are for sure errors listed and you can click the lines to get more detailed information. Maybe you can get some hints what's going on.

Spirit

Hi guys I have the same problem, and its only started since I installed REX4.. My FSX is installed on its own SSD, and not in the 'program Files' directory... Its a pain, but I can live with it as I have FSX running on its sweet spot for my system.. All I have as addons are FTX global, FTX vector, REX4, and OPUS   weather engine..

Archived