Summer in Perth

Wow, and it looks every bit as dusty and brown here at this very moment (especially that third shot).  Temp will be 36C to 38C every day for pretty much the rest of the week.

You have certainly captured that feel once again.

Thanks mate,

Okay now i am confused i lived here most my life chris and you have confused me with Mexican anyway i am south of River Rockingham

Mexican mate... You know "South of the border"... same thing, South of the river...  ;D

Cheers,

Couldn't let this thread pass without a first post - absolutely brilliant guys!  I'll be able to fly out of Jandakot using the VTC and follow all the GAAP approach/departure procedures.

The promise of FTX (especially FTX in WA) has been enought for me to lash out on FSX and hover over the "buy" button for a new PC to run it.  The day FTX is released there'll be at least 2 "buy" buttons being clicked!  ;D

Thanks Chris, obviously lots of us sandgropers waiting eagerly for the release!!  I'm just in the process of returning to aviation (both virtual and real) after being away for 20 years - wow the changes are amazing!

I flew R22's in the 1980's (commercial helo) as well as C206/C210's (private fixed wing) and had an Amiga with the very first version of MS Flight Sim.  Going to Jandakot last weekend to check out the flying schools I got to see the latest carbon-fibre trainers with their glass cockpits, and now I'll have FSX with FTX soon as well. Great times!

i think i heard it was going to be the 20th,

Given that today is the 19th, I don't think it will be the 20th.  Koorby has given us many hints as to the amount of work left to do so "hopefully" it will be done by the end of this month...

Cheers,

got a request... cough* i know the release date is oh so close, i think i heard it was going to be the 20th, but, any different shots of the weather...??

cheers,

alex

We're aiming to release this month, and I can assure you we're working insane hours to honour that comittment. We literally falling asleep at our desks at times from exhaustion..

Anyway, regarding weather - FTX is not a weather addon, and does not include any environment textures. Beta testers can use whatever weather they like, so the results will vary from one tester to the next.

I think all of us in this message board are very appreciative of the long hours and quality the FTX team is putting into this excellent product.  As for me, being in the software development world myself, I totally would understand and would not mind at all if the release went into March.  I have been in many long hour situations myself and can appreciate how hard you guys are working.

Archived