FSX file does not exist - in FTX Central

nandrews

Just bought and installed FTX Global 110 into a 'virgin' FSX installation.

But the FTX Central Region Files Validation Report shows "FSX file does not exist" for about 80 odd files

All are missing from c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\        and all start with veg_

I have tried running FTXORBXLIBS_131215 but that hasn't changed anything.

Nigel

FSS0267155

Hi Nigel,

no, FSX Deluxe is still one of the two original versions -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X -- and needs to be updated to SP2 level: http://www.microsoft.com/products/games/fsinsider/downloads/pages/default.aspx

Since an update to FSX itself changes a number of core files it's probably a good idea to re-install FTX Global (and any other add-ons you may have) afterwards.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Nigel, you said a "virgin FSX installation". Did you launch once FSX to validate the serial key before installing FTX Global? That may be the cause of yours errors...

Thanks both.

I did follow your advice uninstalled FTX Global and installed Accelerator and then reinstalled FTX Global.

Now FTX Central runs fine.

BUT I have a follow-on question regarding the scenery itself and which maybe doesn't belong here. I will post it here nevertheless and you can tell me if I should repost.

Having installed this (expensive investment) global scenery I hoped to see an improved experience over the basic FSX scenery.

I fly FSX mostly in the U.K. and in particular from a South Coast airfield.
With the original FSX scenery there was a semblance of the main roads in the area and a believable scenery, with basic towns shown in their location.
Now with  FTX: Global BASE installed I see no realistic main roads at all, and what are there (highways and intersections) often go straight out into the sea!
The generic scenery for the area is very unrealistic showing large numbers of houses, factories where there are none in reality!

I seem to have at least bought (and paid a lot for) not very much and at worst a much poorer representation than was in the native FSX!

Nigel

Archived