Sounds at Jackson Hole

floed

I have recently installed Jackson Hole airport and am having problems with the outside sounds.  When I first start up at Jackson Hole or land there from somewhere else, I can hear normal aircraft sounds for a few minutes and then the sounds disappear when I am outside the aircraft.  If I change views and sit in the cockpit I can once again hear engine noise etc. If I go back outside into Spot or Locked Spot view, the sounds again disappear.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Central Rockies and KJAC but to no avail.  This does not happen anywhere else.

Any help would be gratefully received

Hi floed,

as far as I know KJAC doesn't include any sound placements like some of the other add-on airports do. Thus I suspect that the engine sounds you're hearing stem from local AI aircraft. Not really sure though why they would be muted when not in cockpit mode. Perhaps others know more about this.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger - it is indeed a puzzle. The sounds I can hear for a few moments when I am in Spot view are either AI or my own engine sounds but for no reason they suddenly stop unless I position myself back in the cockpit when I can again hear them.

Archived