Lend Lease

SAM Hunter

Hi Sam,

What a cracking video! very atmospheric! how do you show all those different planes on film at once?

Brilliant, well done sir!

Mal.

Mal:

I used FSRecorder, using models of aircraft that Her Majesties Government would have received then mimicking how formation flights where created back during the war years. I overdubbed each flight. (Example) The 1st scene, using the bare metal B25 as flight lead I took off from the airport flew five minutes out to a designated rallying point and started my orbital rally flight taking into account how many other aircraft I would use for this scene, multiplying X5 (for 5 other aircraft) the amount of time the last aircraft would take to get to this rally point.

Once that was done I did the flight of the fly over with the first aircraft in this case the bare medal B25, flew to my end point and saved the flight file. After saving that flight. I started FSRecorder again and used “Record†and “Play as Traffic†of that original flight, and added in my second aircraft in the formation position I wanted it to have, saving each flight and repeating each one as “Play as Traffic†until I have gotten all six aircraft recorded and saved.

For filming I just played all the flights at once, thus creating a formation flight of two B25’s, one P38, one P40, and two B24 Liberators….

Respectfully:

David…

• 4 weeks later...

Archived