FTX Global Failed Complete Install and FTX Central no longer Working

sarwulf

OK. I unzipped the FTX Global Base (ver 110) to my computer and then started the install process. During this process, a couple of errors occured which I clicked "ignore" to continue the install. My FTX Central never did open for me to set to "Default" as per the install instructions, but the install continued and then completed. I started FTX Central and it hangs at the opening screen saying that it is "loading". I get an error window for an "unhandled exception occured in the application could not find file C:\users\john\desktop\A22\terrain.cfg. I attempted this several times and unable to get past this point. I then attempted to unistall FTX Global and it indicates that the uninstall occurred. However, when I tried to start FTX Central again, I get the same error message and FTX Central hangs up. I had ORBX PNW installed already on my system prior to trying to install FTX Global. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and FSX Gold Edition.

How can I manually uninstall FTX Global and repair FTX Central? Should i attempt a reinstall of FTX Global and then install the new patch to see if that helps? Any ideas on how I can recover my FTX Central?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. the ORBX PNW is fantastic and I am hoping to bring that to the rest of the world with FTX Global. My order number is 263657 through the Flightsim Store.

John P

Following up my previous post. I did some additional troubleshooting. I reinstalled Global 110 and this error window came up:n "a decompression error has occurred (#2029) unknown decompression error. I ignored this and clicked continuie for the install. I noticed that for some reason the installer keeps wanting to install to a folder on my desktop calle A22 (which I have no clue what it is). After the install says it is complete, I tried to start FTX Central and it fails to open (hangs on "laoding", and error message comes up: "unhandled exception error could not find C:\Users\John\Desktop\A22\terrain.cfg). So I am puzzled, why did it install to this folder on my desktop and not to the my FSX directory in Program Files? I also did not get any option during the start of the install to select the FSX directory to install to. When I look in the A22 Folder on my desktop there a sub-folders called Effects, ORBX, Scenery, Sound, and Weather. In each of these folders there are files that look like they would go into the folders in my FSX directory. Is it possible to manually move these files to the appropriate directory in my FSX folder and have FTX Global work?

Any help?

Hi John,

welcome to Orbx.

First off, ignoring the decompression error isn't a good idea because it indicates that either your download is incomplete/corrupted or that there are local issue on your harddrive (space, access permission, etc.) that prevent the archive from being properly unpacked.

The issue with the "A22" folder likely means that your Windows registry path entry for FSX is wrong. All Orbx installers rely on your Windows registry to determine the location of your FSX main folder. If there's a discrepancy that means your registry entries for FSX are incorrect and should be fixed first with one of the available freeware tools; see http://fullterrain.com/support.html#registry or http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library or http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/FSX-Registry-Utility-Download-74741.html

I wouldn't move around anything, instead I'd delete the Global folders placed in the wrong location and then deal with the two underlying issues first: make sure that there aren't any decompression errors and fix the registry.

Cheers, Holger

Holger: OK. I removed the A22 folder and used the registry fix utility and that seemed to fix the FSX path problem. I am redownloading the FTX Global to see if I get an uncorrupted or broken file and will try to reinstall Global later. Right now my FTX Central is giving me errors every time I try to open it. I tried reinstalling my PNW Northwest (Order # FSS0177508) to see if that was the problem. the install seemed normal but when I tried to start FTX Central this is the error window that popped up:

FTX Configurator has stopped working

Problem Details

Problem Signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: ftxconfigurator.exe

Problem Signature 02: 8.2.1.0

Problem Signature 03: 524d4a36

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 517a19ee

Problem Signature 07: 3fdf

Problem Signature 08: 106

Problem Signature 09: System.I.O.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0f61

Additonal Information 2: 0f619a611ea2925f0bcd789924354f28

Additional Information 3: 034e

Additional Information 4: 034e3a009f2e628913e79b0f39ead6c7

Is there a way to reinstall FTX Central or repair it? Thanks!

John P

Hi John,

you can try installing the latest Orbx Libraries, from our support page, as it contains most of the core files like FTX Central and FTX Configurator. Have you checked that the \ORBX folder that comes with PNW ended up in the correct location meaning as a subfolder of your main FSX folder?

Cheers, Holger

Holger. Complete success. Everything working. I also installed ver 1.2 of Global. Thank you for the guidance. On a seperate note, I am using the SteveFX-DX10 Scenery Fixer (Order # FSS0255697) and flying in DX10 mode. The DX10 Scenery Fixer detected the new scenery files installed by Global and wants to modify some of them to work in DX10 mode. Is this OK or should I just leave Global scenery textures alone as installed?

Thank you again on your help!

John P

Archived