Chicago O´Hare elevation mismatch

Conchulio

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this belongs in here, if so please move the post in the right place :)

I have Global with latest patch and Vectors installed. I have an elevation mismatch at KORD from FSDreamTeam. Picture is taken from RWY 28. I also own KJFK from FSDT and have no elevation issues there, so i assume this is location specific perhaps.

anything i can do about it or will this elevation issue be globally fixed with the patch?

best

conchi

post-1510-0-02702400-1390908666_thumb.jp

Now that you have your problem sorted, can you help me?

I've not flown into, or out of anywhere in North America, yet. Recently, I purchased the FTX NA regions, and now I'm hoping to expand a little on that. For Europe, I have Aerosoft's Mallorca X, as well as their Corfu, plus four of the UK2000 Xtreme sceneries and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the performance.

So, I've now been looking at the FlyTampa offerings, as well as those from FS DreamTeam.

The ones that caught my attention were Miami, JFK and Chicago O'Hare. A little bit of research seems to suggest any of those mentioned perform really well on less than cutting edge systems, despite their geographic size and location.

As you own at least two of the above, would that be true in your experience? I realise its a bit of a loaded question, and probably "rig dependant" anyway, but if I'm running Aerosoft Xtreme, and UK2000 Xtreme without issues, then I'd probably be okay with the FlyTampa or FS DreamTeam stuff?

Well, i can't say anything about miami, as i don't own it but you are right, i have JFK and ORD from FSDT.

Concerning performance, ORD is a bit lighter in that regard but you have to bear in mind that both are very big airports close to a big city, however JFK is harder on performance as LGA is close by as well.

If you have no AI traffic and scenery sliders not to over-optimistically set, both are great and with the night lighting from FTX global it is like flying a totally different sim...

if your system is "less than cutting edge" i would rather suggest KORD than KJFK. Both are of high quality but that comes at a price concerning hardware if you really want to experience the whole beauty.

concerning Flytampa, i have the feeling it is even more performance optimized. I own LOWW, OMDB and TNCM from them and all, even with lower rigs run very good, however this is partly because of the less demanding surrounding… vienna is not really a big deal concerning performance, st. martin speaks for itself and dubai is also not that demanding.

it is really up to your preferences, i love bot FSDT and Flytampa and both run more or less the same. It is really all about the surrounding area that make the performance differences and of course AI traffic load.

best conchi

Thanks for that Conchi.

Yes, that all sounds pretty logical, in that the surrounding area is at least as influential to performance as an airports complexity. I'm not what you'd class as a "demanding" simmer, and I'll not be looking to fly stuff like the PMDG 737 into JFK with full AI anyway, so by the sounds of it, any of the offerings by FlyTampa or FS DreamTeam might be worth a look. As it goes, JFK was pretty low on the list anyway, so I might opt for Miami. It sounds warm if nothing else! 8)

Archived