Effects folder cant be created orbx ybbn

deezyteaze

It is possible that Windows is denying access to the folder.

Is your FSX installed in the default location ie Program Files (x86) ?  This may be part of the problem.

Make sure windows User Account control (UAC) is set to its lowest level, and that you are logged in as an administrator.

Are you getting a specific error message?

The most likely reason it cannot create the folder is that the Program Files (x86) folder is being protected from changes by windows.

This can be a difficult problem to solve.  In general, installing FSX somewhere other than the default Program Files (x86) folder is the easiest way to get around these problems.  Given that is where you have it installed there are a few things you can try:

Select the Flight Simulator X folder and select properties, unclear Read Only, and apply to subfolders.

Running the installer using "Run as Administrator" to elevate privileges may work, or 'taking ownership' of the folder (may require super Administrator account).

Installing the software using the "Super Administrator" account.

The problem will be unrelated to drivers / updates.  It is also likely to be independent of the registry fix (unless the installer is demonstrating that it is trying to place the software somewhere other than )

You did not confirm that User Account Control is off.  Make sure that this is the case.

Ok..once you have Aussie SP4 downloaded.and installed.then install YBBN again..if it's still installed I suggest uninstall and install again..make sure you then download the patches for this airport..there are 2 of them and you will find them on the support page which has a link on the websites open page..read instructions.. Not sure if you have to load both or just the later one.

Then download and install the latest Libraries..you will also find this on the support page.

Good luck..read all instructions and you should be right.

YBBN is a killer on FPS so be prepared to slide your sliders to the left..but it is a wonderful airport

Cheers Stu

Being listed in the Administrator group is different to the builtin Administrator account (when enabled).  You will still run into 'Access is denied' issues.  Some refer to this latter account as the 'Super Administrator'

Creating an \FSX folder in the C: root directory, or on another drive is a good option, and may save you headaches now and into the future.

Okay, so I am the Super admin and I changed fsx to D: drive and still the same error pops up.

FSX is installed on on C: drive. I have aus ftxausp4.003. I have ran both registry repairs. I have made it past the first problem which was radio error buttons. Does orbx have to be installed into a certain place? it is sitting in program files x86 at the moment but have also tried in flight simulator folder and various other relating folders

FTX will install wherever FSX is installed

but

when FSX is installed in the Program Files directory, windows protection of this directory blocks any alterations.

So you have removed read-only tags.

When the installer is installing onto D: drive it still can't create the Effects folder? If that is the case, I cannot explain that behaviour at all.

• 1 month later...

I am having exactly the same issue with FTX Global. I have installed it successfully into P3D ver1.4 which is on my E drive, along with FTX Vectors. Am now trying to install it in to P3D ver 2.1 which is on my H drive. Am running as administrator and given full rights everywhere I can think of! Still after several attemps, I still get this message - Can't create /Effects folder. Not sure where it actually wants to create it because it already exists in the P3D folder. Any suggestions or insights would be welcome!

As a matter of interest - I have already successfully installed England and PNW into P3D ver2 previously so I can's see what has changed.

John Metcalfe (Yorkshire)

Archived