FTX Central

snnfly130

I am trying to change insertion points in FTX central but cannot. I have just noticed in the instruction that a picture of Central has an extra insertion point box, there are two. In my programme there is only one displayed not allowing to change any insertion points,

Any ideas, I have made a fresh instal and have the latest Libs

Thanks

Hi there,

so you're saying something looks different for you than shown here? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

If so can you post a screenshot or two? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

the missing "OZx" section is not an issue because it apparently only shows up if you have the OZx freeware packages installed. I don't see it on my FTX Central screen either.

So which specific steps in the instructions don't work for you?

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

I am unable to move RTMM sceneries above FTX recently FTX defaults above my Misty Mooring scenery so I am unable to see this scenery. As you can see I don't get the second window shown in your picture below the one I have shown in the pic I have posted.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

as I tried to explain in my previous post the additional section has no bearing on the functionality of the insertion point tool. 

If your current insertion point isn't in the correct location simply change it to the one you need. Keep in mind that the entry you click on in the left window will be the first entry below the FTX block of entries. Thus, if you want your RTMM sceneries above the FTX block then you should select an entry that is one or more positions below the RTMM set.

Cheers, Holger

Me again,

not sure what you mean by "unable to move anything"? You don't move anything with your mouse, you click on an entry in the list on the left and then on the "Set Insertion Point" button; steps 3 and 4 in the visual guide. After doing so the list on the left gets updated and you can check whether the FTX block of entries is where you want it to be. If yes you click on "Save and Exit" if not you repeat the process by choosing a different entry in the list. You're saying that nothing changes in that list when you do steps 3 and 4?

Cheers, Holger

Holger, thank you for your patience. I think I have it working now, I was thinking it worked in the same manner as changing the scenery in scenery library which it obviously doesn't.

I think the dementia is kicking inn,

Steve

Archived