FTX Central not installed along with FTX Global

tony.chase

Hello,

I don't know if this has been resolved or not so I apologize in advance. However, I recently just purchased the FTX Global Base package on the flightsimstore for use in FSX. However, upon running the downloaded .zip files, everything seems to go fine. When I search up for FTX Central, which is apparently used to enable the scenery within the flight simulator itself, it does not appear on my PC that I have any program or program location that includes FTX Central. Maybe I am just doing something wrong but I have not noticed any change in scenery upon installation and uninstallation in FSXm so it appears i need this FTX Central to enable the scenery. I believe this FTX Central is supposed to be contained within the base download, however no installer or program was seen installing it.

Thanks, I hope this is a known issue with a simple fix.

Hi Tony,

That's most odd. FTX Central resides in the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral folder and it should of popped up after installation. Could you confirm that you have these folders present please.

Also, installing the latest Orbxlibs from the Support page will have FTX Central plus other apps as well.

Hi Tony,

Your problem sounds like mine. Right now the only way I can get the library download to install is to transfer it from a flashdrive onto my desktop and then extract the folder into my FSX program. I still can't get FTX Central to pop-up but I can find it and right click it to pin it to my task bar. It opens from there. I'm fixing my computer and look forward to getting things to work again. Good luck to you. 

good flights, 

Cal

Hi,

Ok i have installed the latest Orbxlib and i now have FTX Central however when i open it up it only reads Default and that's it. I'm not sure what to do with this. I open FSX and I do not notice any chance to the scenery. Also there wasn't a user guide with this download.

Thanks

Archived