OOMs

Hello all

Like I posted before, I had also OOM after Vector instal and made a fresh Win, FSX and P3Dv2 install but no Vector instal for the moment. Everything goes great and NO OOMs. I am just wondering> Can be possible that just WE witch have AMD GPU to have this problem??

I don't know what to do, becouse I am not so happy about having Vector and not use it...

P3Dv2 I purchased after my problems with OOMs in FSX and after reinstaling Win, FSX and all scenerys...WHat should I do, ORBX team? Should I wait for a patch or is enyone from ORBX team who think about our problems with OOMs after instaling Vector?

I know that all other members who answered to my and to others questions about this OOM after instaling Vector was good intentioned but I ASK AGAIN FOR AN ORBXs TEAM MEMBER to answer to my and not just mine problem !!

I know that you, ORBX members, working hard to solve not just Vectors problems but also other patches, upcoming products, but I ask you nicely again to answer to my questions.

Just for info> I7 3770K , AMD HD7970 3Gb DDR5 384bit, ASUS Maximus V with 16G DDR3, SSD256G with Win7 64 on it and HDD3000, LED42" and LCD23". FSX Acceleration, FSGlobal2010, FTX Global, REX 4 Direct, AivlaSoft, 2 Aerosoft Scenerys and 4 UK2000 Scenerys / FSX.cfg twek just BP, HIGHMEMFIX and VSynk in windowed mode / Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density - VeryDense / Trafik Cars-3 , Boats and ... to 10. / NO OOMs now after reinstal !!!!

Best Regards

Marius L.

no marius,my NVidia rig has the same oom's(am using prepare v2 with vector until fsx is sorted!)

Hello,

No OOMs with P3Dv2? I intend to use Vector with P3Dv2 but I was affraid to not recive the same OOMs there too..

Have you instaled in P3D FSGlobla2010 FTX Version before?

Regards

Marius L.

Hello,

No OOMs with P3Dv2? I intend to use Vector with P3Dv2 but I was affraid to not recive the same OOMs there too..

Regards

Marius L.

Check my post in the other thread. I never realized you started a new thread.

Hello,

Regards

Marius L.

P3D v2 is much improved over FSX. It still has the memory limits as FSX, because it is still 32 bit, but it handles the memory much better, and it fully supports Radeon cards as opposed to FSX, which does have some problems with Radeon cards. Radeaon cards also work well with XPlane.

Check my post in the other thread. I never realized you started a new thread.

P3D v2 is much improved over FSX. It still has the memory limits as FSX, because it is still 32 bit, but it handles the memory much better, and it fully supports Radeon cards as opposed to FSX, which does have some problems with Radeon cards. Radeaon cards also work well with XPlane.

Thanks Virgey. I readed all that you have write in the other thread and thanks for your time to explain. I was just curios about an ORBXs staff member opinion...

yes,have global 2010 and vector installed.

Thanks for info. I think I will try Vector on P3Dv2 but wait to buy and install FSGlobal2010 FTX Version.

Regards

Marius L.

Vector consumes about 221MB VAS (location dependant) on my setup ... but be aware more roads = more traffic, even at 16% I still have A LOT of road traffic and that will consume VAS also.

Thanhs Robain. In my Fsx right now without Vector, from EGLL-aerosoft, PMDG737 ngx, REX4, FSglobal2010, FTXGlobal, GSX and FSGRealWeather, No cars trafik and 5% to the other 2 trafik(boats) I have 1650000 memory free.( fsuipc monitor ). My settings are all to max without complexity witch is to very dense and autogen witch is to dense. Clouds to 60nm and covarage to high not max. 850000 mem remaing after fly on final LXGB-aerosoft. no OOMs.

I wonder whats happened if I instal Vector!??!

Ps: I forgot to mention that I instaled UTX for this test...

Best regards

Hi

After installing vector it was a big wow, what a difference. But unfortunately I did also run into OOM issues even with the Wilco A320.

My graphics HW are 2 AMD cards (HD7970) and add ons like Global 2010, UT2 and much more are installed.

Cleaning up W7-64 by deactivating not required processes, disabling drivers like Intel’s on chip graphic, default windows programs like disabling media player and virus scanner, … did help that “Windows†occupies less memory. After boot W7-64 reports now >300MB less memory compared to before. I do not really know how W7-64 allocates the 4GB memory space for FSX and how much VAS is free compared to before (did not know the FSUIPC VAS monitor option). But at least in my case it did help to reduce OOM problems (and until now I had no incidence).

Interesting to know that vector eats up 221MB VAS.

Together with all the other advices may it helps to get a stable simulator.

But in any case it would be nice if vector could be disabled, medium and standard complexity could be selected with a slider as part of the Orbx menu.

Rgds

Archived