FTX : Australia SP4.003 Mesh error

Striker

While flying from YBCG-YROM I came across these scenery anomalies. The main image (83nm Dme on the 121 deg outbound radial from RNAV int ROMSB) shows massive cliffs at this location, the inset image (60nm Dme from the same Int) shows cliffs converging to a square corner. I have flown this location a few times in the real world and I can't recall these predominant features here. Is it the mesh or scenery. I have Australia SP4.003 and the latest free Holgermesh installed. The roads scaling these cliffs appear to have a massive gradient and would require a powerful vehicle to drive them.

YROMA_zps092cf977.jpg

Have AUSP4 and Holgermesh, and have flown direct gps between the two airports and can not replicate the anomaly.

What other addons do you have that may affect mesh?

Conversely, could your mesh be corrupted?

Hi Petfy

The only other addons are the Orbx towns listed in my signature, REX textures for clouds and runways, ASN for weather, GSX for airport facilities. I have to say though that I have never been able to fly into/out of ORBX YBBN  without my system crashing despite setting the sliders back to the minimums on all settings (see other posts these forums). I have reinstalled FTX Australia SP4.003 and Holgermesh to no avail. I have a pretty good system setup - i7-2600 3.4ghz, 12gig ram, win 7 Professional, Asus R9270X GPU.

As I rarely fly FSX this route it's not a major concern but I would like to know what causes it.

Disable Holgermesh in the scenery library (just untick it), and see if the problem persists.

If it goes away, Holgermesh is obviously the culprit, so its either corrupted or possibly in the wrong spot in the scenery libraries.

If it does not go away, other than other addons causing the problem, I would not have a clue.

YBBN will use a large amount of resources on any system (I've got most of the YBBN options unticked so I can land there on a low cloud night at 15 PFS).

Thanks for the info - in relation to  YBBN, it really defeats the purpose of buying it if you can't use any/all of the features, it would be nice if FTX addressed the issue by way of a SP or at the very least issue a warning that it is so resources depleting that it may cause system crashes,  so that we don't waste our money buying it.

Archived