FSX Sound Settings???

Dukester

I thought I would pose the question given I have been thinking about it for a while.

So what sound settings do you use in FSX?

Do you stick with the default setting of 50% for each parameter?

Or do you fine tune the settings, if so what settings do you use & why?

Additional Considerations:

Do you change settings depending on which Aircraft your flying?

Have you installed enhanced / 3rd party sound files other than sound files contained in additional Aircraft?

It might be useful if you also post your sound setup details. (i.e, Desktop Speakers - Stereo / 2.1 / 5.1 Surround / 7.1 Surround, Headset, Other)

Maybe even post a screen-shot of your settings if it helps describe them.

For me, well I used to have them fine tuned but since a recent re-build I have just left them as default 50%, I only use 2.1 Stereo Speakers &/or a Headset.

The aim is to try & find if anyone has what they feel is "as real as it gets" sound settings for FSX, that maybe others can then experiment with.

I use a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme card with 3 speakers for FSX environment sounds, and a USB headset for voice communication online with FSInn. That seems more real to me since you don't have engine noise in your headset while listening to voice communications and you can control volume independently, although it can upset domestic bliss sometimes  ;)

I'm told that a sound card reduces CPU load compared with on-board sound. And it's better quality.

Greg

Archived