Bug Report: Charlottesville, VA

gsand

Greetings,

Had to do a fresh FSX install so just getting started with Vector and found the following issue:

System:

Windows 7 Professional 64 up to date

FSX Acceleration and P3D2

Global

Vector- Scenery config insertion points verified and correct

All NA Scenery areas active in Global Hybrid (FSX only)

No 3rd party Landclass

FSG V2 mesh (FSX only)

Issue:

N38.06.04 W80.38.60- South Fork Rivanna Reservoir missing. Seems like it might be a small thing but this is the area I grew up and where I have my only real world flight experience. VFR traffic, at least in my day, used to report the Reservoir inbound to runway 3 for traffic separation. Also present in P3D2 with default mesh.

FSX Image:

l42qh.jpg

Google Earth Image:

NpoV.jpg

Thanks.

I have found this to be a common "problem" in the U.S.; I was about to launch a new topic on this until I saw your post.

Let me say this is not a complaint but an observation: I have found through a lot of test flights around the U.S. that only major rivers and lakes seem to be included in Vector; it appears that river, stream and lake data included in Vector has been limited to only very large rivers and lakes. Note that I'm saying "appears", because perhaps I have done something to cause a lot of water data to not show up in FSX.

It could be that water data has been limited for the original release of Vector and it will expanded in later updates.

However, I do want to get this posted so that if that was not the intention then Bernd and others on the Vector team will be aware of it.

Thanks!

Vector data is supposed to work in conjunction with landclass data. Just postulating a theory here, but I think if water bodies are large enough to be defined by vector data, then we see them. If not, then we are depending on better LC data, which is still on the way, in the form of OpenLC. There are just a TON of anamolies on these forums right now that are nothing more than a function of good vector data and lack of good LC data to match. This might be yet another example.

After we have applied the most important bug fixes, we will introduce new high resolution GIS data with new updates. The first on my list is the United States, where we will include high resolution vector data which will include this river (and many, many more) :).

Until it will be announced, stay tuned :)

Bernd

After we have applied the most important bug fixes, we will introduce new high resolution GIS data with new updates. The first on my list is the United States, where we will include high resolution vector data which will include this river (and many, many more) :).

Until it will be announced, stay tuned :)

Bernd

Thanks Bernd, appreciate the update.

Archived